Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi! I'm not sure how to go about picking a college so I thought it'd be a good idea to post on here and get people's opinions.

I'm a student from a European country, introverted, not a drinker or a party goer. I would enjoy going on trips around the country to see as much as possible. I am also religious and want to join the Christian Union. I'm going to be studying Accounting & Finance and want standard accomodation (with washbasin).
Any help is welcome😊
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Furness is typically seen as a quieter college, that offers standard accommodation, I am biased since it was my college, but I think you would like it. One tip, don't get to Freshers week and take that as how noisy it will be, after a week or two it all calms down.
LewisBailey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I'm not sure how to go about picking a college so I thought it'd be a good idea to post on here and get people's opinions.

I'm a student from a European country, introverted, not a drinker or a party goer. I would enjoy going on trips around the country to see as much as possible. I am also religious and want to join the Christian Union. I'm going to be studying Accounting & Finance and want standard accomodation (with washbasin).
Any help is welcome😊
Message me
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LewisBailey)
Message me
Why??
LewisBailey
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why??
Just to clear something up
skifans
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd say it really doesn't matter, the primary think different colleges offer is being in a different place on campus.
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LewisBailey)
Just to clear something up
Top 10 dodgiest things on TSR...
LewisBailey
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
',
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Joe1000000)
Top 10 dodgiest things on TSR...
Hahaha my thoughts exactly lol
Anonymous #1
Lancaster Student Ambassador & Lancaster Uni SU please help
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Any help is welcome😊
Hello,
There's no way to tell who you'll be living because obviously each year it's different. There are colleges that are stereotypically quieter but you could end up with a rowdier flat! It's the risk I guess. Each college has non-drinking events in Welcome week so you should be fine on that front. Ultimately it doesn't matter too much and you'll be located everyone on campus for your lectures. Bowland accommodation tends to be in the centre and so could be nosier than Furness and Fylde for example. But like someone else said, it'll calm down after Freshers week when people start doing work!
Not sure how else I can help really! You may be able to write some preferences such as a single gender flat when you sign up which will help increase your chances of staying with like-minded people.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
There's no way to tell who you'll be living because obviously each year it's different. There are colleges that are stereotypically quieter but you could end up with a rowdier flat! It's the risk I guess. Each college has non-drinking events in Welcome week so you should be fine on that front. Ultimately it doesn't matter too much and you'll be located everyone on campus for your lectures. Bowland accommodation tends to be in the centre and so could be nosier than Furness and Fylde for example. But like someone else said, it'll calm down after Freshers week when people start doing work!
Not sure how else I can help really! You may be able to write some preferences such as a single gender flat when you sign up which will help increase your chances of staying with like-minded people.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thank you! I've been trying to get more information on the accomodation and colleges but the webpage of the uni is not working for some reason. I tried accessing it from multiple devices but it won't load. Do you know why?
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you! I've been trying to get more information on the accomodation and colleges but the webpage of the uni is not working for some reason. I tried accessing it from multiple devices but it won't load. Do you know why?
Hello,
I'm not too sure - it may because they're updating current information on accommodation and colleges. Maybe check back in a few days and if it's still not working, let men know and I'll pass it on.
Charlotte
Anonymous #1
Hello,
I'm not too sure - it may because they're updating current information on accommodation and colleges. Maybe check back in a few days and if it's still not working, let men know and I'll pass it on.
Charlotte
Alright, thank you!
Anonymous #1
Hello,
Charlotte
Hi! I've been checking the website these past few days and it is still not working
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! I've been checking the website these past few days and it is still not working
Hi,
could you confirm which pages it is exactly?
I've been looking at these ones and they're working fine for me:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/wh...and-community/
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/
Charlotte
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
could you confirm which pages it is exactly?
I've been looking at these ones and they're working fine for me:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/wh...and-community/
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/
Charlotte
Yes, these ones. I've tried opening them from Chrome, Google, Samsung Internet from four different devices and they are not loading. I clicked the links you've sent and still nothing.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, these ones. I've tried opening them from Chrome, Google, Samsung Internet from four different devices and they are not loading. I clicked the links you've sent and still nothing.
That's super strange! Are you a UK student?
Charlotte
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
That's super strange! Are you a UK student?
Charlotte
Nope, EU student
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nope, EU student
Okay thanks, I'll pass this info on.
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (56)
47.46%
No, they should still go ahead (29)
24.58%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (33)
27.97%

Watched Threads