The Student Room Group

Drop out, transfer or stay??!

So I was predicted ABB for A-Levels and ended up getting BCC, they really didn't go to plan and it was a big shock. So I ended up at a university that is really not great. I hate my course - it's so boring but also so easy and I'm getting 1sts and 2:1s for everything, I've only managed to make 3 friends (who are not gonna be friends for life) and it's such an anti-social uni with no events and lots of people who don't want to go out or make new friends. I really hate it.

I don't know if I should drop out or transfer uni or just stick it out? There is a uni I have in mind and the original reason I didn't go there is because I preferred the city i'm currently in, but now i'm thinking that city seems better. But i'm worried about being in halls as I'll be 21 by then (i took a gap year) and i'm also worried i won't like it there either or won't make friends. I had quite a lot of friends at school and am sociable and friendly so i find it hard having a little amount of friends. What should I do???!!! This is awfulllll
Reply 1
i personly dont talk to any one at uni literally no one, im also 21. think its best if you finish your course if you enjoy what your doing even if you find it easy thats good
Original post by alicerosen
So I was predicted ABB for A-Levels and ended up getting BCC, they really didn't go to plan and it was a big shock. So I ended up at a university that is really not great. I hate my course - it's so boring but also so easy and I'm getting 1sts and 2:1s for everything, I've only managed to make 3 friends (who are not gonna be friends for life) and it's such an anti-social uni with no events and lots of people who don't want to go out or make new friends. I really hate it.

I don't know if I should drop out or transfer uni or just stick it out? There is a uni I have in mind and the original reason I didn't go there is because I preferred the city i'm currently in, but now i'm thinking that city seems better. But i'm worried about being in halls as I'll be 21 by then (i took a gap year) and i'm also worried i won't like it there either or won't make friends. I had quite a lot of friends at school and am sociable and friendly so i find it hard having a little amount of friends. What should I do???!!! This is awfulllll

As you hate your course, it'll be difficult to transfer unless a university allows you to enter in Year 1 for a brand new course. Have you asked around universities to see if this would be possible?
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
As you hate your course, it'll be difficult to transfer unless a university allows you to enter in Year 1 for a brand new course. Have you asked around universities to see if this would be possible?

Well it's not the subject I hate, it's the way my university does the course I'm doing. It's very different to the same course at different universities. The modules are far less interesting and relevant to what I'm studying at my current uni. So i think if i transferred I would prefer the new course layout much more and that would fix that problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending