The Student Room Group

Worried about corona virus

I’m a bit worried about this corona virus feeling like It’s the end of the world. The fact can be easily transmitted scares me but I mean everybody gets The flue everyday I just hope I don’t catch it.
Original post by Jxf111222
I’m a bit worried about this corona virus feeling like It’s the end of the world. The fact can be easily transmitted scares me but I mean everybody gets The flue everyday I just hope I don’t catch it.

Lets just sit back and view the facts.

Yes many of us may get it. Generally if you are young and fit with no co-morbidities, you are unlikely to suffer much, if at all. The people most at risk are the elderly and those with coexisting diseases.

The panic buyers have made huge mistakes - they are assuming that the entire country will be paralysed and nothing will get to the shops - hence we will all have to eat the toilet paper that we have all stockpiled!

It is a rolling thing - you get it , you get better a few days later, someone else gets it and then they get better. We are not all ill at once.

Best thing is to just wash hands thoroughly. DOnt touch your face when you are out and about and again wash hands when you get home. The face masks are useless unless you have the virus - we are not wearing masks in hospital or even gloves - we are washing our hands though.

Chill - we will get through this is we are a little bit sensible!! OK

Quick Reply