The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
afc1886
Hi this has happened to me twice now. I get in a relationship and then say, 2 months or less passes and it comes to the girl's birthday. Both times I had no idea what to get as I didnt want to get something too expenisve as it may not work out, though equally I dont want to just get a card and something small as it is my grilfriend's birthday, you know... Luckily both times the relationship has gone on for a few months more so whatever I got worked out well, phew.

What has anyone else bought / been bought for in the past? Oh and yes it is my Gf's birthday in a few weeks time, and yes we have been together for 2 months :biggrin:

I got my boyfriend tickets for jimmy carr - his birthday was about a month after we'd been together.
My bf got me little gold butterfly earrings after 2 months, i wear them every day. After about 6 weeks (valentines day) he got me a basket that he bought and filled with little things like bubble bath, flowery tweezers, chocolates, nail files, etc. I think the basket idea was a REALLY inspired one, as you can fill it with anything you like, and a few personal things too. For christmas after about a week he got me a scarf in my favourite colour which i loved.
Go for the basket :smile: Personal and cute, looks like you've put enough time into it. Not too expensive, yet not too cheap (depending on what you put in it it is very easy to work with a budget).
Reply 22
Agony Aunt
No, silver is not expensive and with gold you can also find nice necklaces for good price. £15-£20 is not alot for a bday present. :|

Yeah thats true...
My bad, i automatically thought you were talking around £100 - £150 ..:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending