Should I pick up a new(ish) subject for uni?

Watch
2_versions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey everyone!

I am going to choose my university/apprenticeship courses later this year like a lot of you, and I am just wondering if it is possible to pick up a new subject like philosophy and still do the work on the same level as other students.
I currently do politics, economics and business and I don't really know much about philosophy right now - apart from the main extensions such as epistemology, theology, metaphysics etc. It has very quickly become an interest of mine and I have always been intrigued by it.

If it isn't recommended I start a new subject, I will probably just pursue business marketing as an apprenticeship (which isn't my passion but I do like it)
P.S. having trouble putting this in the right category so sorry if its in the wrong place
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Absolutely no issue with starting a new subject. Relatively few will have studied philosophy before, plus its debatable whether the A level is of much help at university level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads