The Student Room Group

Can I get maintenance loan as an EU student

I'll start university in September, however recently I found out that EU students are not eligible for maintenance loan unless they lived in the UK for minimum 5 years and applied for settled status (I already received mine). Is this true? Today I called the EU student finance and the lady said it doesn't matter that if I have it or not and I need to ask my previous school and college to send me letters which proves the dates. It all a bit confusing for me and no one really explained it to me.
Original post by Manczie
I'll start university in September, however recently I found out that EU students are not eligible for maintenance loan unless they lived in the UK for minimum 5 years and applied for settled status (I already received mine). Is this true? Today I called the EU student finance and the lady said it doesn't matter that if I have it or not and I need to ask my previous school and college to send me letters which proves the dates. It all a bit confusing for me and no one really explained it to me.

Eligibility is based on 5 years residency not whether or not you’ve got settled status.

When you apply you’ll be told what evidence to provide. If you have questions about what is required APPLY (Online using the “english student” option) and then ask SFE for advice by dm on Twitter or Facebook (where you can send you account details and they can check). The most experienced staff work on social media not on the phonelines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending