The Student Room Group

Am I overreacting? Paranoid?

Something doesn’t sit right with my soul in that college…
I get a bad energy (spiritually) from my new college, I’ve never felt like this before, every single time I walk through those college doors my mood changes and my energy is instantly drained, I truly hate it there because of the bad teaching, (it is horrible) and the weird energy I get from there. There was literally nothing wrong with me I was happy and chilling for the first few months, (September to December) by October I started feeling the weird energy that I have never felt before. Especially my class, omg, every single time I walk into that class my heart drops, I have no idea why, I am cordial with everyone, I am in class with one of my good friend aswell, so I really don’t understand all of that. As I previously said before for the first months I was chilling and happy, as soon as it hit January for the first time in my life ever I went through a depressive stage, I don’t even know whether to call it depression but it was very bad and I was not in a good place at all, and I didn’t know why, mind you I’m handling school work well, so that is not what was stressing me out. The thing that got me to my last straw and told me to get the out of that college, which I was always going to do, because of disorganisation, bad teaching and teachers quitting left, right and centre… the list goes on! But back to my last straw. While I was in that ‘depressive’ stage for the first time ever, something very ‘off’ and scary happened to me. I was in bed just thinking about my life then as soon as I started thinking about my college/class something weird happened, around 1am, mind you I was not tired AT ALL, I usually get sleep paralysis, it is usually in the morning when I am waking up in the morning and still tired. But this time I did not just wake up, I was not tired, I was just laying down on my bed thinking about college life and how I went so wrong in terms my social life I only have acquaintances, associates and 1 solid friend all because of my past ‘betrayals’ when it comes to friendships. Carrying on with as soon as my mind made a quick shift to my college class, my body began to freeze up and eyes started to forcefully shut, you know normal sleep paralysis symptoms, I WAS NOT TIRED AT ALL I managed to get out of it, but was extremely SHOOK and didn’t sleep the night. Till this day I don’t understand all that.

What do y’all think this could be.
By the way the college I am referring to is UK college which is age (16-18) not the US one which is 21+ and university equivalent.
Original post by maryam2306
Something doesn’t sit right with my soul in that college…
I get a bad energy (spiritually) from my new college, I’ve never felt like this before, every single time I walk through those college doors my mood changes and my energy is instantly drained, I truly hate it there because of the bad teaching, (it is horrible) and the weird energy I get from there. There was literally nothing wrong with me I was happy and chilling for the first few months, (September to December) by October I started feeling the weird energy that I have never felt before. Especially my class, omg, every single time I walk into that class my heart drops, I have no idea why, I am cordial with everyone, I am in class with one of my good friend aswell, so I really don’t understand all of that. As I previously said before for the first months I was chilling and happy, as soon as it hit January for the first time in my life ever I went through a depressive stage, I don’t even know whether to call it depression but it was very bad and I was not in a good place at all, and I didn’t know why, mind you I’m handling school work well, so that is not what was stressing me out. The thing that got me to my last straw and told me to get the out of that college, which I was always going to do, because of disorganisation, bad teaching and teachers quitting left, right and centre… the list goes on! But back to my last straw. While I was in that ‘depressive’ stage for the first time ever, something very ‘off’ and scary happened to me. I was in bed just thinking about my life then as soon as I started thinking about my college/class something weird happened, around 1am, mind you I was not tired AT ALL, I usually get sleep paralysis, it is usually in the morning when I am waking up in the morning and still tired. But this time I did not just wake up, I was not tired, I was just laying down on my bed thinking about college life and how I went so wrong in terms my social life I only have acquaintances, associates and 1 solid friend all because of my past ‘betrayals’ when it comes to friendships. Carrying on with as soon as my mind made a quick shift to my college class, my body began to freeze up and eyes started to forcefully shut, you know normal sleep paralysis symptoms, I WAS NOT TIRED AT ALL I managed to get out of it, but was extremely SHOOK and didn’t sleep the night. Till this day I don’t understand all that.

What do y’all think this could be.
By the way the college I am referring to is UK college which is age (16-18) not the US one which is 21+ and university equivalent.

So im not a psycologist/ dont really know what you're going through bit I have a suggestion. So I can explain the weird feeling but a lot of your symptoms sound like how my stress manifests itself. The heart dropping every time you go to lessons could be due to the stress from those lessons and from a levels. Most people I know are having anxiety/depressive episodes here and there and sleep issues is a big part of that. My energy is drained when I go into school because I dread it because it means that I have to face a levels and my subjects and my stress.

I'm not an expert but it could maybe be that?
It’s only 1.5 years. You just got to grind through it and get the qualifications to get to the next level

Quick Reply

Latest