When is the greatest chance of getting pregnant?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Which days have the greatest chance?
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On a 'normal' 28 day cycle you ovulate on day 14 so days 12,13,14 are highest risk.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
are there any points in the cycle when there's pretty much no chance of pregnancy?
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
are there any points in the cycle when there's pretty much no chance of pregnancy?
Yes, ASSUMING you have a normal 28 day cycle, and day 1 is the first day of bleeding, you would be pretty damn safe from days 20 to day 5. If you track your temperature and do ovulation tests then you can quite safely have 3 weeks of unprotected sex.

It's just such a risk as things can mess with your cycle and not everyone is normal. I'm not advising this.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
Yes, ASSUMING you have a normal 28 day cycle, and day 1 is the first day of bleeding, you would be pretty damn safe from days 20 to day 5. If you track your temperature and do ovulation tests then you can quite safely have 3 weeks of unprotected sex.

It's just such a risk as things can mess with your cycle and not everyone is normal. I'm not advising this.
My cycle fluctuates between 28 to 32.
Christieeee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ovulation starts during mid-cycle and it's usually accompanied by pain, breast tenderness and cramping. I advise you to use period tracker apps like Flo or Eve. Also, you can use the best ovulation test to determine your ovulation, usually, these tests are based on checking estrogen and Luteinizing hormone levels. You should check it.
Last edited by Christieeee; 4 days ago
LittleABC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Apachecow)

Fertility awareness takes a long time of very accurate use to rely on for contraception 🤨
A lot of things can affect accurate tracking, even down to what time you take the temperature.
Days 1 to 5 of your cycle are considered the lowest risk. In terms of "normal" different ladies have different normals. The 28 day cycle is theoretical and even 28-day cycles can fluctuate a few days either side sometimes. My cycle is 'normally' around 35 days but can range from 23 to 42 and sometimes I've even skipped a month all together due to stress or illness. I track on PeriodTracker and its never exactly the same every month.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (336)
34.67%
No (633)
65.33%

Watched Threads