The Student Room Group

Coronavirus is now a pandemic, highest case increase today, will school shut?

Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS and UK Government web-pages.

I need to know!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

We don't know.
Probably at some point.
Probably not.

There was a confirmed case at my uni last week and its still open.
my school is preparing for it being closed so possibly
Reply 5
well im from romania and its only been 25 confirmed cases,5 fully recovered cases and no deaths and at this point all schools are shut down for 2 weeks and allmost all universitys are also shut down for 2 weeks.
i dont know how it is gonna be in ur country but this is the only info i can give you
Why do you need to know?
Original post by czardasz
my school is preparing for it being closed so possibly

same, we've been practising how to facetime our teachers
Reply 8
Original post by fijitastic
same, we've been practising how to facetime our teachers

Do you live in a popular city? I live in Birmingham and we haven’t been told anything about it at school
Yeh in 3 weeks and 4 days
Original post by Anonymous
Do you live in a popular city? I live in Birmingham and we haven’t been told anything about it at school

Because there is currently nothing to say. You sound desperate for it to close. Why?
One of my professors told me today that it's highly likely that our uni (UoManc) will close in the coming weeks. He said we'll probably get an early Easter holiday of a week.
One of my professors told me today that it's highly likely that our uni (UoManc) will close in the coming weeks. He said we'll probably get an early Easter holiday of a week.

Yes I have heard that schools and unis may have an early Easter break and even extra longer than usual.
all our teachers have been told that if our school is to shut all work is to be given on google classroom, and I've been invited to 3 different classes on it tonight so it seems my school is putting things into place

just a dramatic private school
Reply 15
I need to know!

It's fairly likely, but they will try and wait til closer to the Easter break so that disruption is minimised (it's disruption to health care personnel needing to stay home from work to care for young children they are most worried about).
It's still possible that we will follow an epidemic growth trend closer to Japan's - much more shallow - rather than Italy. In which case it may not be necessary.
Original post by Kutie Karen
Yes I have heard that schools and unis may have an early Easter break and even extra longer than usual.

Idm, more time for revision!! These exams and OSCEs about to finish me off before corona does
I need to know!

Ask your head teacher

Any closures are likely to be localised not nationwide
The government and lobbyists are just focus on the economic impact that it might have to the country, should they decide to lockdown. You really don't need to have a scientific background or modelling the probability of infections per day which is by far more damaging in all aspects. It is pretty obvious!
Nobody knows, stop asking stupid questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending