simple chemistry question

Watch this thread
?Hannah?
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey! please help - how would i convert between density and concentration? thank you!
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
density is mass per volume and concentration is moles per volume. So either multiply or divide by Mr.
Anonymous66666
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
density = m/V

solving for m you can solve for the number of moles using molar mass, which can then be used to solve for concentration (moles/V)
?Hannah?
Rep:
(Original post by Knortfoxx)
density is weight per volume and concentration is moles per volume. So either multiply or divide by Mr.
so you multiply or divide the whole value? thank you
?Hannah?
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous66666)
density = m/V

solving for m you can solve for the number of moles using molar mass, which can then be used to solve for concentration (moles/V)
thank you!
Anonymous66666
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
thank you!
You're welcome
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
hey! please help - how would i convert between density and concentration? thank you!
You can't.

Conc. refers to a mixture, i.e. how much solute is dissolved into a solvent.

Density usually refers to a pure substance, but if you used it to refer to an average density of a mixture, then you're in the world of physics and in which case, God bless you, Sir.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads