The Student Room Group

Hate myself

I'm in Year 13 I did no a level revision yesterday and today I've only done 2 hours of one topic. Ive got the whole day free tomorrow so I was supposed to cover more content today so I could do loads of exam questions tomorrow.
How do I get out of this annoying procrastinating sleep pattern it's pissing me off 😭😭😭😔😔
Reply 1
I also have this problem but recently I'm getting better at not procrastinating, partly as I realise that A-Levels are coming up soon but the main way I found helpful is actually to keep yourself busy! You don't necessarily need to be revising all the time, but when you have spare time try to be "doing something", whether it's sports, music or just things you want to learn generally. Using myself as an example, I fill my day up either by playing basketball or learning more about investing and starting a business because I want to gain financial freedom asap, while keeping a schedule for my revision. Although you will lose some time that can theoretically be spent on revision, I would argue that because you realise that you have spent time elsewhere, you will be more alert and hence reduce procrastination and also become more focused in revision. Hope it helps! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Flyehigh
I'm in Year 13 I did no a level revision yesterday and today I've only done 2 hours of one topic. Ive got the whole day free tomorrow so I was supposed to cover more content today so I could do loads of exam questions tomorrow.
How do I get out of this annoying procrastinating sleep pattern it's pissing me off 😭😭😭😔😔

Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. Everyone revises differently but stressing out about revision won't help you. We published a free revision guide recently that has tips that may be useful: https://www.nec.ac.uk/2020/02/17/what-is-the-best-way-to-revise-for-exams/. Broadly I would say you need a balance schedule; make sure you take regular breaks and maybe reward yourself somehow for every hour of study? This works well for some people, particularly if they are struggling to stay motivated. I hope this helps.
Best wishes, Charlotte
Original post by ASOC01
I also have this problem but recently I'm getting better at not procrastinating, partly as I realise that A-Levels are coming up soon but the main way I found helpful is actually to keep yourself busy! You don't necessarily need to be revising all the time, but when you have spare time try to be "doing something", whether it's sports, music or just things you want to learn generally. Using myself as an example, I fill my day up either by playing basketball or learning more about investing and starting a business because I want to gain financial freedom asap, while keeping a schedule for my revision. Although you will lose some time that can theoretically be spent on revision, I would argue that because you realise that you have spent time elsewhere, you will be more alert and hence reduce procrastination and also become more focused in revision. Hope it helps! :smile:

Thankyou ill try it out but it's not about being busy I'm just always tired. I'll just have an energy drink.
Original post by National Extension College
Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. Everyone revises differently but stressing out about revision won't help you. We published a free revision guide recently that has tips that may be useful: https://www.nec.ac.uk/2020/02/17/what-is-the-best-way-to-revise-for-exams/. Broadly I would say you need a balance schedule; make sure you take regular breaks and maybe reward yourself somehow for every hour of study? This works well for some people, particularly if they are struggling to stay motivated. I hope this helps.
Best wishes, Charlotte

Thankyou.

Quick Reply

Latest