UCL MSc Psychological Sciences 2020 Entry

Watch
rose104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My application was also unsuccessful! I applied part-time. Have a background in philosophy, masters and a foundation certificate in psychodynamic counselling. Really wish we could have had feedback
autumnal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rose104)
My application was also unsuccessful! I applied part-time. Have a background in philosophy, masters and a foundation certificate in psychodynamic counselling. Really wish we could have had feedback
Ah I'm sorry to hear this yes really frustrating not to be able to get feedback. Do you have other options you're considering?
rose104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by autumnal)
Ah I'm sorry to hear this yes really frustrating not to be able to get feedback. Do you have other options you're considering?
Thanks, yeah I'm considering a few things... I was thinking of Birkbeck as I believe they are still taking applications. I also thought of Kings College as they have postgraduate certs and diplomas in neuroscience and mental health. I am also thinking of going down the straight psychotherapy training route instead of doing a psychology degree first after all. It has certainly given me food for thought!
farahahah
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I just got my offer! Any idea how long it takes for the official letter of recommendation to come through?
beenie2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by farahahah)
I just got my offer! Any idea how long it takes for the official letter of recommendation to come through?
That's awesome. Congratulations! ☺️ When did your application become complete and what's your background more or less?
farahahah
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by beenie2000)
That's awesome. Congratulations! ☺️ When did your application become complete and what's your background more or less?
Thank you !

It was complete by May 28th. Would defo recommend sending an email to admissions if you've been waiting long!

Finishing bachelor's in art history, but with some experience and am currently working in dementia and mental health charities.
RedRobe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
congrats to everybody who managed to get an offer! I am currently in my third year at St. Andrews, and I am looking forward to applying to UCL as well. UCL seems like a brilliant place to study MSc Psych.

To all offer holders:
Any tips for future applicants? Why do you think you were successful applicant (e.g. Volunteer lab work, etc.)?
beenie2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by farahahah)
Thank you !

It was complete by May 28th. Would defo recommend sending an email to admissions if you've been waiting long!

Finishing bachelor's in art history, but with some experience and am currently working in dementia and mental health charities.
Oh, nice! That's a pretty quick turnaround. I think they closed submissions a couple of weeks ago, so I imagine everything will get processed pretty speedily now.

My second reference was confirmed as submitted on the 18th May, but I didn't receive confirmation of submission payment until 5th June, even though I'd paid mid-May. So I'm not too sure where I'm the pile mine is sitting.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm just going to be patient 😊 Congratulations again!
farahahah
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by beenie2000)
Oh, nice! That's a pretty quick turnaround. I think they closed submissions a couple of weeks ago, so I imagine everything will get processed pretty speedily now.

My second reference was confirmed as submitted on the 18th May, but I didn't receive confirmation of submission payment until 5th June, even though I'd paid mid-May. So I'm not too sure where I'm the pile mine is sitting.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm just going to be patient 😊 Congratulations again!
Wishing you all the best! If you haven't already you should email admissions. I did it last week because I had a couple offers that I would have to confirm by the end of the month and UCL was my first choice. I think it was another reason they got back to so quickly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads