oeacw6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, im looking to quit my apprenticeship as I don't really enjoy it anymore. I have been on training courses and gained the qualifications i would need for an actual job such as MTA qualifcations and BCS qualifications however i was thinking of just going into part-time work for a little while as my current situation is that im 18 and i drive about an hour and 15 mins to work each day waking up at rediculous times each morning (typically 6 am) and frankly it drains me and have a very poor work/life balance and i can feel my mental heath just deteriorating, frankly i just want to be a teenager just for a little longer and have one last good summer before i wave everyone off goodbye to uni and then i can think about getting a job closer to where i live and find one that will more suit me. I know saying all this sounds like i already have my mind set in stone in what I want to do, I just want to see if there would be any good reasons to stay on this apprenticeship.
CelqOne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It looks better on your cv. Imagined as an employer looking at someone’s cv who only got one work experience and that experience is that that person quit because they got “bored” of it. That just doesn’t look good. If you got only 1 or 2 months left, I say endure and finish it. But if you got 4 or more months left, then yeah quit it.
oeacw6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CelqOne)
It looks better on your cv. Imagined as an employer looking at someone’s cv who only got one work experience and that experience is that that person quit because they got “bored” of it. That just doesn’t look good. If you got only 1 or 2 months left, I say endure and finish it. But if you got 4 or more months left, then yeah quit it.
thank you for your advice, i have about 6 months to 9 months left and i wouldn't put on my cv that i quit an apprenticeship i would just put that i have previous expericence in that field.
LaurenEve1995
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by oeacw6)
thank you for your advice, i have about 6 months to 9 months left and i wouldn't put on my cv that i quit an apprenticeship i would just put that i have previous expericence in that field.
Personally I consider 6-9 months a pretty short time period. How long is your apprenticeship in total? If you've already been on it for 1+ year then I would consider just finishing this last little bit. However if it is seriously effecting your mental health then you need to put yourself first. I commute over an hour and back to work each day and it is really draining but only you know deep down what is right for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads