Have you finished learning your A-level/GCSE content?

Watch
Poll: Have you been taught all of your A-level/GCSE content?
Yes (136)
17.17%
No (656)
82.83%
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It's now the middle of March and exams are now just two months away! I wanted to find out where you guys were at with your courses.

Have your teachers finished teaching you the content in your course and have you moved on to revision/going back over content that you already have been taught?

If not, how much of the course have you got left to be taught, when do you think you will be finished by?

Do you have any issues with how quickly the content is taught to you? Discuss below!
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We’re still learning content for all of my subjects but we’re almost finished!
DoNotMove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
It's now the middle of March and exams are now just two months away! I wanted to find out where you guys were at with your courses.

Have your teachers finished teaching you the content in your course and have you moved on to revision/going back over content that you already have been taught?

If not, how much of the course have you got left to be taught, when do you think you will be finished by?

Do you have any issues with how quickly the content is taught to you? Discuss below!
GCSE:
English: only one poem left to work on, then it'll be done
Biology: done, though because some of the GCSE was covered all the way back in Y9, we're going to go through it again in class
Chemistry: still have to do electrolysis
Physics: done! (but I feel like we rushed parts of the course like astrophysics)
Business: one chapter left (environmental impacts of business)
Music: done, just going through set works now, and theory

A-Levels:
Maths:
- Pure: done, we finished all the way back before Christmas
- Mechanics: done, though I'm really weak at mechanics so definitely going to have to revise lots
- Stats: just finishing off the last couple of chapters in the next couple of weeks

Further Maths:
- Pure: all done, though I'm very shaky on a lot of the content due to not being timetabled for any pure lessons in Y12, so will definitely ask for help on it
- Decision 1: done, very confident (:
- Decision 2: teaching myself the content, and I've got 3 chapters to go but they're pretty short

Computer Science:
- coursework: about halfway through, but it's going to be my main focus this next couple of weeks
- non-coursework: self-teaching, only a few chapters on object-oriented programming left

Honestly, I think most of my teachers have managed time really well, as there is still plenty of time to revise, whilst having still covered the courses in the right amount of depth. Friends at my old school have told me that they're not due to finish most of their teaching until easter, so I feel very lucky.
1st superstar
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nope i am in year 12
username4867806
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We've finished all of A-Level Geography.

We've got the last part of the homeostasis topic to do in A-Level Biology.

We need to finish the numerical methods topic and some last parts of integration in A-Level Maths.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Still have to finish GCSE Biology. the WHOLE of ecology. but I don't think we're ever going to learn it. my teacher tends to skip content. he needs to stop wasting time and get a move on
IDK321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've finished GCSE Maths, Physics and RS. I've also 'finished' English Literature but the last part of the course felt extremely rushed...
epicnm
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve still got Ecology from biology, Space for physics, Using resources from chemistry, Weimar and Nazi Germany (4 more chapters to go), Theme C for Religous studies, Certain maths topics, like graphical inequalities aswell. I do GCSE btw
Anonymous.23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finished everything in a level law and a level psychology, still got topic 8 to do in a level biology (control of gene expression) should be finished for Easter hopefully - if we don’t close for Coronavirus
coronavirus1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol we finished all A level content in February....
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
For Media Studies we have one unit to get through that will take 2 weeks, however my teacher added everything to Google Classroom meaning if anyone wants to, they can teach themselves the unit at a faster pace/work from home if we have to close. It is the same in ICT, we are on the last unit, but as that is just coursework we do not have to worry about being done in time for the exam.

My friend still does history (I dropped it in January), and they're only starting the Russia unit. Just hope they're done within the little time we have left...
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Child's AS exams kick off on 11 May, but they are still quite a bit off finishing the specifications. Biology, especially, is only 80% done.

The teachers have started organising Microsoft Teams teaching just in case the axe falls on school attendance, but it is a bit of a concern that the syllabus hasn't been finished.
WIGBLOWN
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(OCR) Bio: ecology, bioengineering and a bit of animal responses left
(OCR) chem: done
(Edexcel) Maths: normal distribution and 3 mechanics chapter left
(WJEC) physics: options left
username5067940
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've covered pretty much everything in A level maths and Everything in A level physics. Still, past papers are what my revision consists of...
For A level photography I have nearly finished all my coursework (no formal exams for this course)
anna1298347655
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We have got a long way to go, chem will only finish after Easter they said, and Bio is trying to finish just before Easter but not sure... English is also after Easter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (157)
4.94%
Uncertainty around my education (465)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (353)
11.11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (443)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (150)
4.72%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (190)
5.98%
Loneliness (276)
8.69%
Financial worries (114)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (127)
4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (145)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (175)
5.51%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (282)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (299)
9.41%

Watched Threads