The Student Room Group

UCL Clinical Mental Health Sciences MSc (2020 entry)

Hi! I submitted my application for UCL MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences 2 days ago:smile: Just wondering if anyone has already got an offer or has heard back from the admission team? Feel feel to share your clinical experience or academic interest!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello, i have received a conditional offer from UCL for that program like a month ago. I would like to use this MSc as a step towards a doctorate in clinical psychology.
Reply 2
Original post by Spiridwn3
Hello, i have received a conditional offer from UCL for that program like a month ago. I would like to use this MSc as a step towards a doctorate in clinical psychology.

Congratulations! If you don't mind, may I ask when did you apply, how long did it take for them to get back to you, and what's your academic/work background?

I'm an international student majoring in Psychology and Criminology, and I'm interested in experimental psychopathology and complex trauma:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ycl_stewart
Congratulations! If you don't mind, may I ask when did you apply, how long did it take for them to get back to you, and what's your academic/work background?

I'm an international student majoring in Psychology and Criminology, and I'm interested in experimental psychopathology and complex trauma:smile:

I applied in January and received the offer after a month. I hold 2 bachelors, one in psychology and one in sociology, while I have worked for 6 months as a psychologist.
Reply 4
I got an offer for this today. Is it right that we don't need to pay a deposit for this course? I didn't see anything mentioned on the offer and it's not included on the website list of courses.
Reply 5
Original post by redsun
I got an offer for this today. Is it right that we don't need to pay a deposit for this course? I didn't see anything mentioned on the offer and it's not included on the website list of courses.

Hi! Yeah we don't have to pay a deposit (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/programmes-requiring-tuition-fee-deposit)
Do you know if there is any chance that a deferral request can still be made after accepting the offer this year? Want to start looking for accommodation and all that, but if teaching mode will be changed to online.... yeah idk....
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi! Yeah we don't have to pay a deposit (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/programmes-requiring-tuition-fee-deposit)
Do you know if there is any chance that a deferral request can still be made after accepting the offer this year? Want to start looking for accommodation and all that, but if teaching mode will be changed to online.... yeah idk....

Congrats on your offer! That's great about the deposit, although I'm waiting on the fee status assessment now. I'm not too sure about the deferring, I just read that you should e-mail them about that.

I wonder if you or others found out more info about the placements they do? They seem to be voluntary but I'm wondering if they apply to them for you or you have to do it yourself and where they would likely to be.
Reply 7
Original post by redsun
Congrats on your offer! That's great about the deposit, although I'm waiting on the fee status assessment now. I'm not too sure about the deferring, I just read that you should e-mail them about that.

I wonder if you or others found out more info about the placements they do? They seem to be voluntary but I'm wondering if they apply to them for you or you have to do it yourself and where they would likely to be.

yeah i might email them later then:< thank you!

and no unfortunately not, i want to find out more about the placements too. i would assume they have a system in place and we apply to placements through that faculty system, but no idea how the actual registration process goes, nor am i aware of where these placements would likely be. my friends suggested me contacting past students on linkedin and ask, but i am looking forward to the virtual meet on may 15th that the programme director talked about before in the email:smile:
Reply 8
yeah i might email them later then:< thank you!

and no unfortunately not, i want to find out more about the placements too. i would assume they have a system in place and we apply to placements through that faculty system, but no idea how the actual registration process goes, nor am i aware of where these placements would likely be. my friends suggested me contacting past students on linkedin and ask, but i am looking forward to the virtual meet on may 15th that the programme director talked about before in the email:smile:

Yeh it would be good if there was a Facebook group or something to discuss all this. I've dropped an email to the programme admin too, will let you know if I hear anything. Trying to decide between this and KCL which have a guaranteed placement.
Would anyone be willing to share some more info about the program with me? I preparing the finishing touches on my application for this program, and would love to know how or if I should further tailor it to the course content :smile:

Hi! I submitted my application for UCL MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences 2 days ago:smile: Just wondering if anyone has already got an offer or has heard back from the admission team? Feel feel to share your clinical experience or academic interest!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending