The Student Room Group

2020 UKFPO Reserve list allocations

Hi, I just got an email from Oriel saying I've been put on the reserve list. There are a total of 258 applicants on the list and I am somewhere in the 10-20th place.
I was quite saddened that this happened and I am Just wondering what is going through everyone else's mind if you are on the reserve list, and what you are going to do next?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, I got placed on the reserve list as well, was quite devastated but life goes on I guess. I'm around the 40-50th ranks but they say everyone gets eventually placed.The allocation dates this year are May 14th and a couple of dates in June according to the document I got sent. I will be speaking to my uni med school director next week but he seems quite positive in the e-mail. How are you going about this?All the best somedude95!
Reply 2
Original post by freaky20
hey, I got placed on the reserve list as well, was quite devastated but life goes on I guess. I'm around the 40-50th ranks but they say everyone gets eventually placed.The allocation dates this year are May 14th and a couple of dates in June according to the document I got sent. I will be speaking to my uni med school director next week but he seems quite positive in the e-mail. How are you going about this?All the best somedude95!

hi great to connect. Yeah that's what they told me as well as there are more jobs than applicants this year so eventually every one will get placed. if you are higher up in the reserve ranking the placement might be sooner than May 14th as well since you will be placed earlier. Dunno where we might end up though,
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by somedude95
hi great to connect. Yeah that's what they told me as well as there are more jobs than applicants this year so eventually every one will get placed. if you are higher up in the reserve ranking the placement might be sooner than May 14th as well since you will be placed earlier. Dunno where we might end up though, maybe higher up in scotland or somewhere people don't really wanna go

I hope being above the 50th rank means I'm higher up in allocation? lol x_x

hmm I've been reading up and they assign you by score first then your preference, so we won't necessarily get something in our 15th choice or after
Reply 4
Hi there!

I’m in the same boat! Was really devastated because I’ve also failed my finals which is annoying!

I’m in the 40s currently! I really hope I don’t get anywhere too far, as I really would like to be around London! Or a fair distance!

Does anyone know if we get to rank jobs or just given the jobs?
Reply 5
Original post by Yupyup53
Hi there!

I’m in the same boat! Was really devastated because I’ve also failed my finals which is annoying!

I’m in the 40s currently! I really hope I don’t get anywhere too far, as I really would like to be around London! Or a fair distance!

Does anyone know if we get to rank jobs or just given the jobs?

oh no sorry to hear that! so what happens now? do you get a resit? london is fairly hard since it is so competitive but who knows you could get in! not sure about this but i think we get to rank the jobs once we get into the foundation schools
Reply 6
Original post by somedude95
oh no sorry to hear that! so what happens now? do you get a resit? london is fairly hard since it is so competitive but who knows you could get in! not sure about this but i think we get to rank the jobs once we get into the foundation schools

Yes I get to resit!

I just want to be around London that’s my priority!
Hi everyone! I’m also on the reserve list - somewhere in the middle. I was really hoping to have a chill few months, not having to worry about finals as they’re over, but then this crops up! :frown: It seems like such a huge wait till batch allocations as well. I really hope we’re all guaranteed somewhere.. Hope we all make it!
same here!

I got quite a low SJT score, did anyone else get this? I was doing great in the mocks but very surprised with my results!

I am also in middle!
Reply 9
Hey, I'm on the same boat here, but all the info I have is that I am on the list, how did you find out your place on the list? Did you hear from your university or is it hidden somewhere in Oriel?Sorry to be so clueless here, today has been horrid.
Original post by abcdw654
Hey, I'm on the same boat here, but all the info I have is that I am on the list, how did you find out your place on the list? Did you hear from your university or is it hidden somewhere in Oriel?Sorry to be so clueless here, today has been horrid.

That’s okay.

You should have got an email with 2 documents. One of reserve list rankings and one with FAQs about reserve lists
Original post by Anonymous
That’s okay.

You should have got an email with 2 documents. One of reserve list rankings and one with FAQs about reserve lists

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is that from Oriel? I've only received one mail from them, one saying I'm on the reserve list. There isnt any other information in there. Guess I'll have to drop them a mail.
That’s okay.

I'm in the same boat. Did not receive any email with document.

Do you mind sharing what your final score was.

Mine was 68.8 and I have no idea where I am on the reserve list
I'm in the same boat. Did not receive any email with document.

Do you mind sharing what your final score was.

Mine was 68.8 and I have no idea where I am on the reserve list

here you go mate
Original post by freaky20
here you go mate

Thank you!!
How is 68 a reserve list score
Original post by sparkles13
Has anyone got any idea how big the first batch of allocations has been in previous years?

1st 40 I think
Original post by sparkles13
Has anyone got any idea how big the first batch of allocations has been in previous years?

Page 7 in this document gives details about this. Last year, 50 got allocated in the first batch of reserve list allocations (and there were 150+ more students in the reserve list in 2019 compared to 2020).
Original post by FutureDoctor2020
How is 68 a reserve list score

the first 68 ranks (out of 258) in the 2020 reserve list have scores of 68.0 or more

weird, right?
A lot of people from med schools are being automatically passed, because of covid 19. This means less people will fail finals so less withdrawals for FY1.

Does this mean less chances of us getting jobs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending