Student maintenance loan higher than expected

Watch
Oscarwetnwild
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I expected to get the full amount for 2020/21, which everywhere I looked stated the highest for living away outside of london was £9,203. It tells me I will get a total of £9,698, which is quite a bit more than expected. Am just confused on why this is?
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don’t complain lol.
Oscarwetnwild
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MajorFader)
Don’t complain lol.
Not complaining, am more just worried this is a mistake I will end up paying the consequences of !
remussjhj01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would double check they got it right. If you leave it and get paid the full amount, you might need to pay it back now instead of when you get a job, as you'll have been overpaid.
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Oscarwetnwild)
I expected to get the full amount for 2020/21, which everywhere I looked stated the highest for living away outside of london was £9,203. It tells me I will get a total of £9,698, which is quite a bit more than expected. Am just confused on why this is?
Hi

What course did you apply for? Sometimes if a course is longer than the standard they award you more funding over and above the max amount.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (229)
33.58%
No (453)
66.42%

Watched Threads