Is that it!? Coronavirus!

Watch
ThiagoBrigido
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymousamie)
All Johnson has told us to do is to self-isolate for 7 days if we display any symptoms. What if we don’t? There have been many cases where patients haven’t. He’s such a joke!
Just shut the stable door after the horse has bolted!
ThiagoBrigido
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
You do realise squeakysquirrel, and I, are highly experienced health professionals?
Whipping the country into a state of panic, hypotheticals and scaremongering help no oneH
Such an intriguing comment, I would rather stop there.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All Johnson has told us to do is to self-isolate for 7 days if we display any symptoms. What if we don’t? There have been many cases where patients haven’t. He’s such a joke!
Well let’s do it the chinese way and weld your doors shut
Would you like that?
What do you think a different leader would do?
throwtoshaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Big boy Boris has to catch it himself before anything will really be done. I spit str8 fax mate no cap #truthalwayscomesout
GreenCub
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Telling people to self-isolate for 7 days if they have a temperature certainly isn't enough. We aren't going to have officials walk around with thermometers testing people to see if they have a fever and nobody is going to stay off work for something like this. I strongly believe the disruption to exams should be minimised as much as possible but perhaps closing schools for the week before Easter (and after if necessary) would have the effect of a month's school closures with less effect on students.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ChickenBlen)
This Virus hasn't even begun properly yet pal and naming every single thing that people die from doesn't negate the deaths from the Virus. This virus is contagious, cancer or 'knife crime' isn't so stop trying to make it seem like the Virus is a small thing. Exponential Growth is how the virus spreads, by the time people like yourself realize that its somethings serious, it will be too late
I am a healthcare professional on the frontline. Are you
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GreenCub)
Telling people to self-isolate for 7 days if they have a temperature certainly isn't enough. We aren't going to have officials walk around with thermometers testing people to see if they have a fever and nobody is going to stay off work for something like this. I strongly believe the disruption to exams should be minimised as much as possible but perhaps closing schools for the week before Easter (and after if necessary) would have the effect of a month's school closures with less effect on students.
And there we have it
We can disrupt the entire country, ruin small business, cripple the nhs but leave you alone to get on with your exams.
Your exams are no more important than anyone else’s concerns.
You can sit them later
Toniii316
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Many cases where patients haven’t displayed symptoms? As in no symptoms at all?
ChickenBlen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
No I'm not, but if your a healthcare professional then you should realize that your not helping by bringing up every single type of way a human can die. Deaths are being caused by this disease and whilst is sad that people are dying from things such as cancer, unnecessary deaths are going to occur due to the NHS being under extreme pressure. 75% of beds are already filled up, with this coronavirus running rampant it will mean that the rate which people in car crashes or heart attacks will die will increase due to lack of healthcare. I don't mean to come across arrogant if I do I'm sorry.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No I'm not, but if your a healthcare professional then you should realize that your not helping by bringing up every single type of way a human can die. Deaths are being caused by this disease and whilst is sad that people are dying from things such as cancer, unnecessary deaths are going to occur due to the NHS being under extreme pressure. 75% of beds are already filled up, with this coronavirus running rampant it will mean that the rate which people in car crashes or heart attacks will die will increase due to lack of healthcare. I don't mean to come across arrogant if I do I'm sorry.
YOU are NOT on the frontline, you have no idea what is going on. I AM. STOP BLOODY PANICiING . We a re dealing with this and we don't need idiots like you setting off fireworks. Measures are in place
ChickenBlen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
YOU are NOT on the frontline, you have no idea what is going on. I AM. STOP BLOODY PANICiING . We a re dealing with this and we don't need idiots like you setting off fireworks. Measures are in place
I'm not an idiot, i've been tracking this virus since early Jan so don't think just because you are on the frontline that you know more about the virus then me pal, you will see in 2/3 weeks time how hard its gonna be for you because the UK failed to act early.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not an idiot, i've been tracking this virus since early Jan so don't think just because you are on the frontline that you know more about the virus then me pal, you will see in 2/3 weeks time how hard its gonna be for you because the UK failed to act early.
It is just a bad dose of flu. Hope you don't need me..
lost.soul
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why is everyone who’s concerned being talked down to and accused of panicking 😂

It’s a new disease, spreading rapidly and mutating with lots of people due to die and possible disruption due so let people speak their opinions without being accused of ‘setting off fireworks’ 🤦🏻*♀️
ThiagoBrigido
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How old are you kid? Behave yourself, be open to hear what other people have to say, behave like a snowflake will not help at all.
coronavirus1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I see what other countries are doing then I look at the UK. Actually there was a report that closing schools for 2 weeks just before a peak reduced the spread up to 80% in countries. Google it.
coronavirus1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The government isn't doing enough they are more concerned about the economy then your health.
ChickenBlen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lost.soul)

It’s a new disease, spreading rapidly and mutating with lots of people due to die and possible disruption due so let people speak their opinions without being accused of ‘setting off fireworks’ 🤦🏻*♀️
Exactly, it will probably take an elder they know dying to change their mind ffs. Italy wouldn't quarantine their whole country for a bad flu
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lost.soul)

Because that is what it is. I work in the NHS - the death rate is 2% based on current statistics . The majority of people who die are elderly with co morbidities. We live in a climate where everything is treatable - from HIV to transsexualism to whatever.Sometimes life throws curved ball. This is it
coronavirus1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is just a bad dose of flu. Hope you don't need me..
You are clearly a troll
Please lets ignore this individual don't feed her with attention.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ThiagoBrigido)
How old are you kid? Behave yourself, be open to hear what other people have to say, behave like a snowflake will not help at all.
Well - complement of the day. I am 60 and I work on the frontline. I don't think I am being a snowflake., I will be in work every day to help stop the spread of the virus - and for your information.... I have not had a day off in 16 years apart from one day when I broke my foot but I worked from home.

Anyway off to bed now to get up tomorrow morning to be on the frontline
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads