JustVlad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I am starting uni in september at ARU and right now I'm researching places to stay, but I keep seeing bad reviews about multiple housing options. I was initially planning to book CB1, but after seeing students' opinions I got discouraged. My second option was Anastasia House.
What do you think?
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JustVlad)
So I am starting uni in september at ARU and right now I'm researching places to stay, but I keep seeing bad reviews about multiple housing options. I was initially planning to book CB1, but after seeing students' opinions I got discouraged. My second option was Anastasia House.
What do you think?
Hi JustVlad,

Congratulations on your place at ARU. Accommodation is an important decision. Have you been on a Cambridge campus accommodation tour at all yet? I think the university is investigating options of doing video tours online for those who haven't, or who want to see the accommodation again before they book.

If you need help getting in contact with students currently staying on campus, I'm sure we can get you in contact with someone. The thing to remember is that where someone has a negative experience, there is always someone else with a positive experience. Making sure the location and housing meets your needs and feels right for you is what matters.

Take care,

Katrina
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JustVlad)
What do you think?
Hi JustVlad,

Following on from Katrina's response, I'm Emma and I'm in my final year of a business course at ARU. I wanted to respond as I stayed in Anastasia House in my first year.

For me, Anastasia didn't really suit as I thought the room was quite small and it was SO close to the campus (literally just across the road) that I went home in between lectures rather than spending time with my coursemates/in the library, and I quite like getting in some exercise on the way to campus! However, I think the most important thing is that you have to choose the best accommodation for you and what you plan to do with your time at uni.

I have lots of friends that have loved living in Anastasia as it is so close to campus, and it is quite a small building so everyone tends to know each other. However, I also have friends who loved living in CB1/Railyard, which is around a 20 minute walk from campus near the train station. These options tend to be a little bigger in terms of room size, but there are hundreds of students living there!

I would definitely reccommend doing the virtual tours and looking on google maps to see how near they are to campus, but please do let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks
Emma
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (265)
15.59%
Uncertainty around my education (269)
15.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (172)
10.12%
Isolating with family (118)
6.94%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (76)
4.47%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (143)
8.41%
Loneliness (165)
9.71%
Financial worries (67)
3.94%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (153)
9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (121)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (151)
8.88%

Watched Threads