How many hours a night for A level revision?

Watch
LaraMari16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey, I just wanted to know how many hours a night you should do for A level revision? My A level exams are in about 2 and a half months and I am starting to kind of develop a timetable for after school but idk what s considered a decent amount of revision per night, atm I'm thinking like 2 or 3 hours?
Anonymous_Cypher
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I do 2-3hrs after school and 5hrs Saturday and Sunday
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi

I found that the best revision often relies on quality as opposed to quality. Something to remeber when studying is to Study SMART Not Long - this stands for:

o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions just ask!

Melissa :hello:
Bmay19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LaraMari16)
Hey, I just wanted to know how many hours a night you should do for A level revision? My A level exams are in about 2 and a half months and I am starting to kind of develop a timetable for after school but idk what s considered a decent amount of revision per night, atm I'm thinking like 2 or 3 hours?
Hi! So i begun my A-level revision around 2 months before my exams begun.
I found that making a timetable really helped. Even if I did not stick to the exact times each night I still had everything done that I aimed to do that night. Depending on how strong you are with a subject or areas of a subject I would advise to focus on the areas you're weaker at first and us the best revision technique for you. Does not matter if you're notes are pretty. I would say about 2-3 hours is good to be honest. Maybe add an hour or two on various night as exams get closer?
For me personally as exams got closer I was personally doing 4-6 hours a day sometimes 8 on weekends (when i was not working my job) , but that's only because I personally find intense revision works better for me and for me to concentrate. I hope this helped in some way but i would definitely say 2-3 hours is more than enough!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (118)
14.22%
I'm not sure (36)
4.34%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (249)
30%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.53%
I'm not a current university student (406)
48.92%

Watched Threads