Ahyshs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I haven’t taken any physics since S2 but have realised I need a second science for some of the courses I’m looking at. I would like to know if it’s possible to get an A or B from a crash of Higher Physics?

I am currently comfortably at 85%+ in Nat 5 Chemistry and Maths and am going to take them as highers.
AC79
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'm currently crashing higher Physics in S6 - I hadn't done any since S2 either. I got an A in both my Chemistry and Maths at N5 which I think is a good base for crashing Physics as it is quite Maths based in the questions. I would discuss this further with your school - whoever arranges subject choices and talk to the Physics department to know they are happy with you doing this although I wouldn't see why not if you are doing well in your subjects. I was asked how I was doing in my science subjects and maths so if you are already doing great they shouldn't have a problem - of course I don't know what your teachers are like, this is just from my experience.

I would say yes it is possibly to get a high grade in it if you work for it
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ahyshs)
I haven’t taken any physics since S2 but have realised I need a second science for some of the courses I’m looking at. I would like to know if it’s possible to get an A or B from a crash of Higher Physics?

I am currently comfortably at 85%+ in Nat 5 Chemistry and Maths and am going to take them as highers.
In a lot of cases, when unis say they want 2 sciences, they have a very broad definition of this - including subjects like maths and geography. Therefore, I'd encourage you to double check this first. Also, they may not require both sciences to be completed in S5.
Crash higher physics can definitely be done, but most people do find S5 a big enough workload, so I'd only crash in S5 if you are absolutely desperate or don't have a choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.73%
No (448)
66.27%

Watched Threads