I'm sixteen and I might be pregnant

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I had unprotected sex on the 5th and 25th of February. I know, it was stupid. But it happened so please don't judge me.

For both, I was so confident the pull out method worked. Since then my period is really late. I should've had it at the end of February, but it's the 12th of march right now and it's still not here...

I took a pregnancy test last week, just a home test from boots and it came back negative. But since then I feel persistently suspicious.

I've been pretty hungry. I've been putting on weight. Like at least five pounds. My stomach doesn't look bloated, but it looks bigger, just a sort of stiff bump. Not huge or noticeable but there. My breasts also feel a bit bigger and sore - all of this feels like the start of my period but I just haven't got it yet, so I'm really wondering if it's symptoms of something else.

Any other ways I could know for sure? Should I take another test? I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not. Are these symptoms likely due to PMS? AGHHH.

Tldr: I might be 5 weeks pregnant. I've put on weight that looks like a baby bump and my period is almost two weeks late. What do I do? What are other symptoms? Help.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You need to do another test. They are reliable, but do it to check. If that is negative it is VERY UNLIKELY you are pregnant. At 5 weeks the baby is the size of an apple pip - you don't have a big belly and put on 5lb!

Try and relax and do a test
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
You need to do another test. They are reliable, but do it to check. If that is negative it is VERY UNLIKELY you are pregnant. At 5 weeks the baby is the size of an apple pip - you don't have a big belly and put on 5lb!

Try and relax and do a test
Thanks. I'll do another one, I hope that comes back negative too.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you do another test?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Panic over. I got my period. Turns out I was just getting fat and still am.... Next time I will not worry so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads