The Student Room Group

31% Similarity

I am hoping someone will be able to help relief the worry I am currently feeling.

I just submitted my 3000 word assignment just to be suprsied with a similarity of 31%! is 31% bad??? This is the highest my similarity has ever been and it is 100% all my work. I had to apply theory to a case study, a case study that everyone had to apply theory to so i'm thinking this is probably way. I also have alot of references too. I also had an extension so I'm just thinking my work has probably been compared to the 100-200 other students work??? To make it worse I cannot see the similarity report until after they have graded it so I am not sure what has bee detacted.
Reply 1
Is this turnitin?
Reply 2
Original post by S_x_x
Is this turnitin?

Hi, yes this is turnitin
what type of work is it. you should be able to see what was similar. unless you copied literally paragraphs I don't think they will care
Honestly don't worry, I've had higher before. Think about it, there are 200 students all submitting a piece of work on the same case study. You will have all learnt the same stuff in your classes and most probably will all have applied similar theories and used similar sources etc. As long as you have referenced your work you'll be fine! Hope you get the grade you want :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Igotbbcalevel
what type of work is it. you should be able to see what was similar. unless you copied literally paragraphs I don't think they will care

It is a essay where I have to apply psychlogy theories to whatever is happening in the case study. Weirdly at this university I currently attend, you cannot see the similarity report until after they have marked it only the percentage you can see.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly don't worry, I've had higher before. Think about it, there are 200 students all submitting a piece of work on the same case study. You will have all learnt the same stuff in your classes and most probably will all have applied similar theories and used similar sources etc. As long as you have referenced your work you'll be fine! Hope you get the grade you want :smile:

Thank you for your reply! Some of my family and friends have said that they have had higher before but unfortunately i'm a worrier and I overthink badly haha but thank you again, I may be able to get some sleep tonight now :smile:
Original post by JbAngel123
I am hoping someone will be able to help relief the worry I am currently feeling.

I just submitted my 3000 word assignment just to be suprsied with a similarity of 31%! is 31% bad??? This is the highest my similarity has ever been and it is 100% all my work. I had to apply theory to a case study, a case study that everyone had to apply theory to so i'm thinking this is probably way. I also have alot of references too. I also had an extension so I'm just thinking my work has probably been compared to the 100-200 other students work??? To make it worse I cannot see the similarity report until after they have graded it so I am not sure what has bee detacted.

If it is all your own work and correctly cited then you will be fine, Turnitin is an automated system (and is far from perfect), even if it is flagged for review if it is your own work nothing will happen.

Quick Reply

Latest