K_r243
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m from EU but lived in UK for 7 years I have recently applied for student finance (only just started my application) and on my summary it shows I’ll only get 4,289 maintaince loan or 6,003 the most. That can’t be right? I’m worrying a bit cause I know my friends from uk get that amount a term not for a full academic year? I’ll be studying nursing too so no way I can live of that
Edit: I have already received settled status from the home office
Last edited by K_r243; 3 weeks ago
settler77
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
if it's outside of London then it's possible
settler77
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the amount usually depends on your and your parents salary
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by K_r243)
I’m from EU but lived in UK for 7 years I have recently applied for student finance (only just started my application) and on my summary it shows I’ll only get 4,289 maintaince loan or 6,003 the most. That can’t be right? I’m worrying a bit cause I know my friends from uk get that amount a term not for a full academic year? I’ll be studying nursing too so no way I can live of that
Your parents income must be high, it isn't stated but they are supposed to supplement...or your supposed to get a job. More than likely you could get a job on a covid-19 ward at this point, i think wanting to study is all they require at this point.
K_r243
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Your parents income must be high, it isn't stated but they are supposed to supplement...or your supposed to get a job. More than likely you could get a job on a covid-19 ward at this point, i think wanting to study is all they require at this point.
My mum income from last year was 23,000 per year but now it’s only 16,000 per year which I’ll be able to prove in April when she gets her P60. I’m just worried it might be because I’m from EU even though I’ve lived here 7 years?

Wouldn’t actually mind working on covid-19 ward but not sure how this will help my maintenance loan in September 😂
K_r243
Rep:
?
(Original post by settler77)
the amount usually depends on your and your parents salary
I live outside of London, Liverpool and my mum only earns £16,000 per year now however I have put her income from last year which was 23,000 which it’s still below the minimum so I’m confused
Last edited by K_r243; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.66%
No (477)
66.34%

Watched Threads