Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve got an unconditional offer from Kingston Penryhn road campus and struggling to decide on which halls between Clayhill, Middle Mill, and Seething Wells. if anyone has stayed in any of these could u please share ur experience?? tia
Routeri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently staying in Seething Wells and It's like a 20-30min walk to Penryhn Road if you follow the bus route. And the free uni bus (KU1) takes about 8 mins to Penryhn Road. Flats are in groups of six with a shared kitchen but ensuite. I found there wasn't a lot of fridge space which was a bit annoying. The common room is small and there's a laundry section which is £3 a wash and the dryers takes 20p and £1 only but you can put as little as 20p for it to run. If you choose Seething Wells, you might see a few silverfish but they're pretty harmless. I haven't seen many.

Seething Wells is due to be renovated but I'm not exactly sure when.

For Clayhill, you'd have to get the KU2 which is much less frequent than the KU1 currently or about an hour walk.

I'm pretty sure Middle Mill is the closest to Penryhn Road... about a 10 minute walk.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what would you say it was like socially compared to the others?
adamwan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
what would you say it was like socially compared to the others?
Seething is very social, some people find it a bit too social 😂 Clayhill is general quite quiet. And middle mill I'm not sure but it's next to the SU bar which is a bonus!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.99%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
15.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads