Yyyyyyyoyo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi to all~
I am an international student applying for MA degree in art history. And I have received offer letters from three institutes:
-Courtauld MA in History of Art (option: Continuity and Innovation: Reframing Italian Renaissance Art from Masaccio to Michelangelo);
-Warburg MA in Art History, Curatorship and Renaissance Culture;
-Warwick MA in History of Art and Visual Studies
Additionally, I am still waiting for MSt in History (Early Modern History:1500-1700) at Oxford.

I’m stuck among three institutes and wondering which would give any advantage in applying for PhD program and jobs in art institutions.
Thanks for your attention and welcome any advice about their courses, professors, future careers and more!
leomon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
How long did it take you to hear back from the Warburg and the Courtauld?
HCulli4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by leomon)
How long did it take you to hear back from the Warburg and the Courtauld?
Warburg - Literally got the offer 3 hours after my interview (2 weeks after sending in my app); Courtauld I just got an email out of the blue offering me a place probably 5 weeks after my application.
HCulli4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Yyyyyyyoyo)
Hi to all~
I am an international student applying for MA degree in art history. And I have received offer letters from three institutes:
-Courtauld MA in History of Art (option: Continuity and Innovation: Reframing Italian Renaissance Art from Masaccio to Michelangelo);
-Warburg MA in Art History, Curatorship and Renaissance Culture;
-Warwick MA in History of Art and Visual Studies
Additionally, I am still waiting for MSt in History (Early Modern History:1500-1700) at Oxford.

I’m stuck among three institutes and wondering which would give any advantage in applying for PhD program and jobs in art institutions.
Thanks for your attention and welcome any advice about their courses, professors, future careers and more!
For me my choice was very heavily based upon who I would be working with. I got into pretty much the same courses you did. I ended up choosing the institute that had the professors and facilities that best suited my interest area. What will you dissertation be on?
Last edited by HCulli4; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.33%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.63%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.38%
Take a year out (84)
17.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.83%

Watched Threads