The government really doesn't care who dies

Watch
Treetop321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
They want 60% of the population to catch coronavirus to develop herd immunity. What about all of the people who are going to die in the process? This is sickening. They really don't care about us.
David Getling
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Treetop321)
They want 60% of the population to catch coronavirus to develop herd immunity. What about all of the people who are going to die in the process? This is sickening. They really don't care about us.
As it's the elderly who put the greatest strain on the NHS, a cynic might very well conclude that the government might indeed be unconcerned if a lot of them die.

Having said this at the end of the day there's next to nothing that the government can really do. I think Boris not going into full headless chicken mode is correct. If panic wrecks the economy the overall damage done may well prove vastly worse than anything coranavirus might inflict on the population.

People always want politicians to come up with solutions, but sometimes there isn't one, and trying to invent one just makes things worse.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by David Getling)
As it's the elderly who put the greatest strain on the NHS, a cynic might very well conclude that the government might indeed be unconcerned if a lot of them die.

Having said this at the end of the day there's next to nothing that the government can really do. I think Boris not going into full headless chicken mode is correct. If panic wrecks the economy the overall damage done may well prove vastly worse than anything coranavirus might inflict on the population.

People always want politicians to come up with solutions, but sometimes there isn't one, and trying to invent one just makes things worse.
I hope the moderators become more aggressive in preventing the outbreak of Covid-19 threads.

But yes you are correct in my opinion. I would personally like to see incoming flights cancelled (bar those connecting to another flight who will never leave the airport) and gatherings of more than 100 people cancelled however beyond that i think that right now we are doing the correct thing in testing. Once we have a sufficiently large sample representative of the population only then do i feel we should go to full Wuhan for say 3 weeks (rechecking our same sample in week 3 to establish a representative pattern of the virus being removed).

So far our cases are behind all our major european peers so i think people are too critical and beginning to panic at a time when it won't help.
David Getling
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
so i think people are too critical and beginning to panic at a time when it won't help.
Well, there are no shortage of people who hate Boris and will seize on any excuse to criticise him.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Treetop321)
If they cared about us, the process of getting a driver's license would be 4-6 years long.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads