The Student Room Group

applying to a uni i haven't seen yet?

I've applied to Education with a Year Abroad at the University of East Anglia but, due to living in the North of England, I can't afford to go down there for the applicant day. Does anyone have any advice? Should I still consider this uni as an option if I haven't visited it or spoken to anyone from it?
Reply 1
Original post by marshmallowfarm
I've applied to Education with a Year Abroad at the University of East Anglia but, due to living in the North of England, I can't afford to go down there for the applicant day. Does anyone have any advice? Should I still consider this uni as an option if I haven't visited it or spoken to anyone from it?

As someone who also applied for Education with a Year Abroad at the University of East Anglia. I went for their Applicant day in February and I can say it is a very good environment with adequate opportunities and fantastic facilities (depending on your course tho - I applied for Biological Sciences). Considering a uni even though you haven't visited it is not that bad as it's hard to attend open days while being a student. UEA has an online resource where you can communicate with students so you can speak to people from there with a flick of your wrist. I'm not sure but they probably also have virtual tours, so you can really experience the uni without actually travelling down there :smile: Hope this helps.
Original post by toffu
As someone who also applied for Education with a Year Abroad at the University of East Anglia. I went for their Applicant day in February and I can say it is a very good environment with adequate opportunities and fantastic facilities (depending on your course tho - I applied for Biological Sciences). Considering a uni even though you haven't visited it is not that bad as it's hard to attend open days while being a student. UEA has an online resource where you can communicate with students so you can speak to people from there with a flick of your wrist. I'm not sure but they probably also have virtual tours, so you can really experience the uni without actually travelling down there :smile: Hope this helps.

ah thank you so much!!! This has been a lot of help I will look into their website more!
Original post by marshmallowfarm

Hi :hello:

I would definitely recommend contacting the university and seeing if anything can be done to get you some more information, given your current situation. They might offer a virtual tour or could be able to set up a Skype meeting with an academic?

In this way, you can still get some peace of mind about if the university is for you or not.

I have this helps!

Melissa :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending