Want more information about this university?
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi all,

I know people are concerned about how Coronavirus will affect them, so we've developed an FAQ in relation to applying and studying at Edge Hill.

Before we do anything else, I'll clarify that there are no confirmed cases of Coronavirus on campus. If these circumstances changes, we will inform the Edge Hill community via appropriate communication channels.

Where possible we will respond to enquiries regarding the Coronavirus. We are unable to check our social media accounts 24/7, so we ask for your patience in the matter. This page has any relevant contact details you may need.

Q: Is the University closed?
Spoiler:
Show
We have suspended all face-to-face teaching for the rest of the semester. Arrangements are being made to deliver teaching online. Only the essential buildings and services on campus, including the Hub, are open. Events until Easter have been cancelled, although some online-only events may still go ahead.

Q: I'm an applicant with an upcoming interview. Will I be affected by anything?
Spoiler:
Show

Interviews and auditions are planned to go ahead as normal, however they will not be face-to-face. It will take place either as a phone call or a Skype interview. For more information, please email [email protected].

Q: Will this affect my application?
Spoiler:
Show

There should be no impact on your application, and our Admissions team are still hard at work to ensure a lack of disruption.

Q: I'm a student on placement. How will I be affected?
Spoiler:
Show
Our students who are on a school placement will be withdrawn on that date. However, where students are well enough and willing, and the school can accommodate them, they can stay on to support staff, children, and prepare resources.

Other placements should be attended as normal unless advised otherwise by your placement provider. If your placement has been withdrawn, we will make every effort to provide alternative learning opportunities. If you have any concerns, please get in touch with your lecturer or faculty.

Q: Where can I go for more information?
Spoiler:
Show

We have a dedicated page with information on the Coronavirus and how it may affect your studies/work/etc. We also recommend regularly viewing the NHS's COVID-19 page for further details. Our social media pages will be updated with any significant information.

Where necessary, we will update this page with further information.

Alex
Last edited by Edge Hill University; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (19)
22.09%
No (67)
77.91%

Watched Threads