withered.rose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can anyone tell me what will happen if schools close in terms of completing folios for art, especially advanced higher? Anyone else’s teacher’s told them much about it other than working from home? Would appreciate any help
AC79
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Morning, our teacher has currently stopped us from working (unless you are doing some at home) and is making us organise how we will mount our portfolios. The SQA hasn't changed any deadlines so as far as we are concerned we must keep working as normal essentially although our teacher, as I said, has changed what we are doing in the event that we close and the deadline doesn't change so we are at least prepared to have a valid folio to send. She said in the chance we close our essays will be completed at home, communicating by email with her and same with evaluation. What has your teacher said?
withered.rose
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AC79)
Morning, our teacher has currently stopped us from working (unless you are doing some at home) and is making us organise how we will mount our portfolios. The SQA hasn't changed any deadlines so as far as we are concerned we must keep working as normal essentially although our teacher, as I said, has changed what we are doing in the event that we close and the deadline doesn't change so we are at least prepared to have a valid folio to send. She said in the chance we close our essays will be completed at home, communicating by email with her and same with evaluation. What has your teacher said?
Hi, my teacher has not said anything about laying out sheets, in fact it has been said that we won’t be, we have to continue working from home, continue communications through email, and we will write our essay at home. Haven’t mentioned anything about evaluations yet however.
How is the course going for you and your class, how far through the folios have you gotten?
AC79
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by withered.rose)
Hi, my teacher has not said anything about laying out sheets, in fact it has been said that we won’t be, we have to continue working from home, continue communications through email, and we will write our essay at home. Haven’t mentioned anything about evaluations yet however.
How is the course going for you and your class, how far through the folios have you gotten?
Hey, sorry didn't realise you had replied! Obviously, things have changed a lot recently. For me, I have 13 sheets (no annotations added in yet), sketchbook and I was working on another finished piece to make up to 15 sheets but now we have been told to stop all practical folio work - yet to find out what to do about evaluation and essay. I have done several drafts of my essay and my teacher last said to me all I had to do was essentially clean it up a bit. We haven't done anything regarding the evaluation but she said that could be completed remotely. However, we are all at different stages in the course in the way of number of sheets and essays - I believe I am the farthest ahead. My teacher says we are all at a good point though considering where we are in the course. Yesterday we received a message to halt all work on practical folio work and it doesn't sound as though our work will be getting sent away now - I don't think the SQA want to handle paperwork. I'm sad it's gotten to this point as I had created a folio I was really proud of - we are all quite unsure what to expect next but are hoping to hear more answers to our questions today.
How is your class doing?
withered.rose
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by AC79)
Hey, sorry didn't realise you had replied! Obviously, things have changed a lot recently. For me, I have 13 sheets (no annotations added in yet), sketchbook and I was working on another finished piece to make up to 15 sheets but now we have been told to stop all practical folio work - yet to find out what to do about evaluation and essay. I have done several drafts of my essay and my teacher last said to me all I had to do was essentially clean it up a bit. We haven't done anything regarding the evaluation but she said that could be completed remotely. However, we are all at different stages in the course in the way of number of sheets and essays - I believe I am the farthest ahead. My teacher says we are all at a good point though considering where we are in the course. Yesterday we received a message to halt all work on practical folio work and it doesn't sound as though our work will be getting sent away now - I don't think the SQA want to handle paperwork. I'm sad it's gotten to this point as I had created a folio I was really proud of - we are all quite unsure what to expect next but are hoping to hear more answers to our questions today.
How is your class doing?
We are all in the same boat tbh, my teacher is telling us to keep working on folios so that there is plenty of evidence for the sqa. And tbh I couldn’t be more grateful for my teacher, they have been such a great help and made sure that the class knew what we have to do and how we could be supported online
Button212
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In the same boat as everyone here. Been sent home with all my design but unsure how I’m mounting it and organising onto the sheets. My teachers have been both off almost all year, and neither them or the head of department answers their emails so I’m left so confused🥺
AC79
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Button212)
In the same boat as everyone here. Been sent home with all my design but unsure how I’m mounting it and organising onto the sheets. My teachers have been both off almost all year, and neither them or the head of department answers their emails so I’m left so confused🥺
Hi Button212! Welcome to the conversation I chose expressive but someone in my class was doing design and I have mounted all my things and saw how she was doing hers. Give me a shout if you need any help at all!
AC79
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We are all in the same boat tbh, my teacher is telling us to keep working on folios so that there is plenty of evidence for the sqa. And tbh I couldn’t be more grateful for my teacher, they have been such a great help and made sure that the class knew what we have to do and how we could be supported online
Ah so slightly different. We’ve just been told to keep working on essay and evaluations although i will probably end up finishing my folio work purely because it’s annoying me it is half done😂
withered.rose
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by AC79)
Ah so slightly different. We’ve just been told to keep working on essay and evaluations although i will probably end up finishing my folio work purely because it’s annoying me it is half done😂
If you continue to work on your portfolio, it will give the sqa even more evidence and back up what your teacher has determined is your grade
AC79
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you continue to work on your portfolio, it will give the sqa even more evidence and back up what your teacher has determined is your grade
We’ve just been told to do our evaluations and essays. She said we can do more folio work but not sure it will be considered
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (211)
33.6%
No (417)
66.4%

Watched Threads