?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean...I would hate to teach any subject other than Chemistry lol
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How to make money, because (1) I want all the monies and (2) I am bad at it in the first place.
Roses & Dreams x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ugh, imagine teaching English Literature and having to come up with unecessary ideas. 😤
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anything other than law, given that I know naff all about anything other than law. :lol:
username5138030
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maths because I am terrible at it. And I get frustrated when I try to teach my little brother some maths and he wants to be an unserious candidate. I wouldn’t want to teach at all.
bluebeetle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
PE. Going out in the cold, having to manage behaviour when kids are all spread out on a field, organising out of school sporting competitions/events, having to deal with injuries, and on top of that being a severely underappreciated subject.

I think I'd also struggle with music. In KS3, the gap between kids who've been having music lessons since early childhood and kids who haven't must be really hard to plan for without making either group feel left out.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The beauty of Teacher Training courses renders you able to teach any subject! However, I found subjects like PE and MFL either difficult or dull to teach as I didn't have the linguistic knowledge or interest in sport. I did particularly enjoy teaching PSHE, (I became an accredited Relationship and Sex Education teacher), Science, History and English though. (I'm a DT and Art teacher)
computed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Definitely PE as I don't have the voice or patience for it lol.
I respect those who teach it 100%!
Get into Teaching
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
When I first started teaching, I was worried or apprehensive to teach other subjects however when asked I did. Soon I realised that actually the best teachers are the best learners. Therefore once I had got over my initial fears about teaching certain subjects I actually began to enjoy teaching them. P.E was definitely not my favorite subject however I gave it a go due to someone being off and then started to take over organising after school clubs and all sorts for the children. As I realised what a positive effect it had on them. It was also a good way to get the children's parents involved in school and became a great tool to get the school more involved in the community as well. New things opened up for myself and the students and most importantly we had so much fun, we even got the Liverpool Football Club mascot to our sports days was amazing! So don't ever be afraid to try something new you might end up loving it like I did.
Olivia
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
in terms of GCSE level or below - maths because of the poor attitudes students have towards the subject. I simply would not be able to bother myself with teaching students that don't care and can't be made to care - I commend people who are able to.

though I'd like to teach undergraduate level or possibly a-level (but I don't really think "I only want to teach high ability GCSE and A-level" will really float lol, so it'd probably be the former if anything) in the future.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Physics. :eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (268)
34.14%
No (517)
65.86%

Watched Threads