How should i take my breaks when im in the library

Watch
Azimbrook1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I stay in the library for a while and usually need a break every 1 ish, my breaks usually last for 10 mins . Im not sure how to take my breaks as I dont wanna leave my stuff and go outside (in case it gets stolen). And i dont wanna take it with me in case I dont get a seat when I come back.

I also get really hungry in the library and need to find a way to have lunch/dinner. As no food is allowed in the library.

Im currently taking the risk and leaving my non electronics in the library (textbooks,notes ect.) and go to a store and buy something (I dont like bringing food from home) - This usually takes 30 mins. does anyone else have advice / a better idea

Rexicon7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, I'm the same. I just bring my own food with me so I don't have to waste time going to a store, and then sit on a bench outside. Try not to use your phone too much, and look into the distance a bit to help prevent your eyes from getting sore. Personally, I would bring all my stuff with me but if your willing to take that risk then fair enough.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Azimbrook1)
I stay in the library for a while and usually need a break every 1 ish, my breaks usually last for 10 mins . Im not sure how to take my breaks as I dont wanna leave my stuff and go outside (in case it gets stolen). And i dont wanna take it with me in case I dont get a seat when I come back.

I also get really hungry in the library and need to find a way to have lunch/dinner. As no food is allowed in the library.

Im currently taking the risk and leaving my non electronics in the library (textbooks,notes ect.) and go to a store and buy something (I dont like bringing food from home) - This usually takes 30 mins. does anyone else have advice / a better idea
Sounds like a tricky one. Is there anywhere else you could study, say, for example, spend the morning in the library and the afternoon in a quiet coffee shop or something? That would help with your lunch/dinner situation, but in terms of the breaks in between, I agree with the above post, try to avoid looking at your phone and try to rest your eyes. Maybe put your some good music on and just unwind for those 10 minutes, perhaps wandering around the library (with your stuff in your eye-line).
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what I normally do is ask someone to watch my stuff for a while. they normally oblige
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads