Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If my university was to close from the Easter break until September (so no summer term) would we still get our student loan? I’ve already checked with my uni and it appears that I will still be liable for my halls rent even if the university closed. I’m just worried that I won’t be able to pay my accommodation fees.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
If my university was to close from the Easter break until September (so no summer term) would we still get our student loan? I’ve already checked with my uni and it appears that I will still be liable for my halls rent even if the university closed. I’m just worried that I won’t be able to pay my accommodation fees.
Yes you should still get your funding as long as the university doesn’t withdraw you from your studies.

If they switch to online delivery then make sure you’re engaging (logging in, responding to emails and submitting work).

If you’re unable to live in halls then speak to your landlord. They might have cancellation cover (and be glad to offer your room to someone who is stuck at university without alternative housing).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.8%
No (425)
66.2%

Watched Threads