Is it normal to wear uniform after school?

Watch
johnpeterson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I wear my school uniform until I go to bed, I keep my top button done up, shirt tucked in, tie knotted to the top button and both blazer buttons done up, is this normal I think it’s really comfy.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I do this as well !!!!!
user936
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by johnpeterson)
I wear my school uniform until I go to bed, I keep my top button done up, shirt tucked in, tie knotted to the top button and both blazer buttons done up, is this normal I think it’s really comfy.
I do this too except my blazer buttons arent done as I also find it comfortable
username5208544
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It depends on what you mean by after school. I'm 29 and still wear school uniform sometimes
SophieD929
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I rarely wear my uniform after school. Its kind of a mindset, where I'm home so therefore I wear home clothes. That way I can't stress about bad days.
anime<3gaming
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Deborah_C)
It depends on what you mean by after school. I'm 29 and still wear school uniform sometimes
is that some new hobby :P
username5208544
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by anime<3gaming)
is that some new hobby :P
Hobby? Hmmm... that's a good word for it
anime<3gaming
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Deborah_C)
Hobby? Hmmm... that's a good word for it
you lil comedian whatever passes your days. got to do something in lockdown I guess
MelanieGrif
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Many people do this way, it's ok, but I would change my clothes if I had such a possibility just because I didn't like my uniform.
hippieglitter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I used to wear my school uniform til i went to bed, I would usually take off my blazer and we didn't wear a tie. I was honestly surprised when my fiance told me his mother would tell him off if he was still in his uniform when she got home from work and I noticed that she always changed as soon as she got in from work. As long as i wasn't in my pyjamas my mum didn't care what i was wearing when she got home. Nobody in my family changed, my dad would often swap his jacket and tie for a jumper but he kept his work trousers and shirt on, my brother would usually stay at school til nine so there was no point him changing and unless i was going out after school i felt no need to change.
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
When I was at school, I would change my trousers but keep the shirt on.
Kev2011sb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would wear my school uniform, consisting of grey trousers, white or grey shirt, blazer and tie in the evenings till bedtime, all three blazer buttons buttoned up and tie knoted up with top shirt button done. I even wore it at weekends and school holidays liked that. Family and friends thought it odd at times but I liked to dress like that.
user936
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kev2011sb)
I would wear my school uniform, consisting of grey trousers, white or grey shirt, blazer and tie in the evenings till bedtime, all three blazer buttons buttoned up and tie knoted up with top shirt button done. I even wore it at weekends and school holidays liked that. Family and friends thought it odd at times but I liked to dress like that.
Sometimes I would wear my school uniform in the evenings too. This would include blazer tie neatly just like how it was at school. This may sound uncomfortable but for me it really wasnt. Also, sometimes during the holidays id wear it for like 10 mins. Have you been wearing your uniform even during lockdown?
Feastful
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't say this is that regular (but you do you). The only thing that would concern me is that if you're wearing your uniform practically 24/7 on some days, then its going to absorb so much more in the ways of sweat, body oils and general food stains etc. Don't you want to keep your uniform as fresh as possible for the next day?

Allowing your uniform to air after a long day will do it a lot of good in terms of keeping it cleaner and fresher.
user936
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Feastful)
I wouldn't say this is that regular (but you do you). The only thing that would concern me is that if you're wearing your uniform practically 24/7 on some days, then its going to absorb so much more in the ways of sweat, body oils and general food stains etc. Don't you want to keep your uniform as fresh as possible for the next day?

Allowing your uniform to air after a long day will do it a lot of good in terms of keeping it cleaner and fresher.
Well at times when i am wearing uniform in the evenings, it is not EVERYDAY maybe just like a few times a week rather than the whole week
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is not formal to wear a school uniform all day long. I used to do it but I got some sort of redness on my skin wearing the same clothes 10-12 hours a day. So I suggest you change clothes as you should set your body loose.
user936
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chrisharrison)
It is not formal to wear a school uniform all day long. I used to do it but I got some sort of redness on my skin wearing the same clothes 10-12 hours a day. So I suggest you change clothes as you should set your body loose.
I am aware of this hence the reason why if i am wearing my school uniform in the evenings its only a few times a week not everyday
Bellawalton363
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I do this! I have my top button done up, with my tie fastened to the top, top blazer button done up, bottom one unbuttoned, shirt tucked into my skirt, I stay like this morning till night, it’s really tight and chokes you, but you should look smart and presentable. (I’m in year 10 btw)
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I did, but that’s more me being lazy :laugh:
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it's an old thread, but personally I think that's abhorrent
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads