sadiebourne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So i studied health and social care for a year almost, and didnt enjoy it at all, so ive decided to change my course to an applied science one, as this interests me more to start in September.

the only thing is that im unsure of which college to go to. the one im currently at offers the same units as the other, but with 2 extra units that do interest me too. but the other seems like a much better college, and ive had issues at my current one through the last year, and many students are choosing to leave also due to their lack of organisation and support. i do feel like i need a fresh start, and maybe a new college would help with it, but is it worth staying at my current college ive had issues at just for the sake of 2 units?

any advice would be great!
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sadiebourne)
So i studied health and social care for a year almost, and didnt enjoy it at all, so ive decided to change my course to an applied science one, as this interests me more to start in September.

the only thing is that im unsure of which college to go to. the one im currently at offers the same units as the other, but with 2 extra units that do interest me too. but the other seems like a much better college, and ive had issues at my current one through the last year, and many students are choosing to leave also due to their lack of organisation and support. i do feel like i need a fresh start, and maybe a new college would help with it, but is it worth staying at my current college ive had issues at just for the sake of 2 units?

any advice would be great!
I would argue that a fresh start does sound beneficial for you. With the extra 2 units, from what you've described it sounds like those are the only 2 positives for you. Just out of curiosity, what type of BTEC is the applied science because you may also have to take 2 more courses? But again, that would be beneficial for you as you can widen some of your experience and have fun.

I'm doing a BTEC subsidiary diploma in Applied Law (equivalent to 1 A Level) alongside A Level History and Politics but I know people at my college who are doing 3 part BTECs (1 subject worth 3 A Levels) as well as some people doing 3 BTECs (3 seperate subjects worth 3 A Levels) or 2 BTECs and 1 A Level.
sadiebourne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thatcollegegirl)
I would argue that a fresh start does sound beneficial for you. With the extra 2 units, from what you've described it sounds like those are the only 2 positives for you. Just out of curiosity, what type of BTEC is the applied science because you may also have to take 2 more courses? But again, that would be beneficial for you as you can widen some of your experience and have fun.

I'm doing a BTEC subsidiary diploma in Applied Law (equivalent to 1 A Level) alongside A Level History and Politics but I know people at my college who are doing 3 part BTECs (1 subject worth 3 A Levels) as well as some people doing 3 BTECs (3 seperate subjects worth 3 A Levels) or 2 BTECs and 1 A Level.
its going to be the level 3 extended diploma in applied science, im leaning much more towards starting in a new college, im not sure how worth it it would be for me to stay
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sadiebourne)
its going to be the level 3 extended diploma in applied science, im leaning much more towards starting in a new college, im not sure how worth it it would be for me to stay
I'd recommend that you do it. A fresh start with a new college would be very smart to coincide with starting a new course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads