What impacts will be brought by global economy burnt-down?

Watch
farhill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My speculations:
1. Unemployment will surge, so are crimes,
2. Welfare will cut which means more ppl will have to live in lower standards, and /or die earlier;
3. The possibilities for war will greatly increase, esp. the US has changed from the role of world police to unilateralism. Russian and China see the chances of bullying neighbor countries;
Now the big question is when the US stock market can pick up its lost peak. My guess is that in the best case, if the virus pandemic gets contained by the end of June, also the oil price resumes by then, then the stock could regain its lost ground in August something.
Any discussion are welcome.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by farhill)
My speculations:
1. Unemployment will surge, so are crimes,
2. Welfare will cut which means more ppl will have to live in lower standards, and /or die earlier;
3. The possibilities for war will greatly increase, esp. the US has changed from the role of world police to unilateralism. Russian and China see the chances of bullying neighbor countries;
Now the big question is when the US stock market can pick up its lost peak. My guess is that in the best case, if the virus pandemic gets contained by the end of June, also the oil price resumes by then, then the stock could regain its lost ground in August something.
Any discussion are welcome.
Not really for crimes, just recession and unemployment plus large numbers of businesses going under.
Mask, soap and toilet roll makers to surge.
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why can't they pause the economy or dampen the results?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Could someone tell me why toilet roll has sold out? Covid 19 doesn't cause a runny noise
farhill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheStupidMoon)
Why can't they pause the economy or dampen the results?
I think it is because the Economy is a super complex system that involves national economic structures, governmental system, human psychologies, all the events of past/now/future, etc. Since it is such a wide and multiple gaming system, it cannot stop or go like a vehicle. Rather, it has to maintain the minimal revolution otherwise the 'car' will take tens more fuel to start if it really fully stops (such as Germany and Japan after WWII). The slower its speed drops, the more folds of money would be required to get it back to the previous speed. This is an exponentsh relation.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Could someone tell me why toilet roll has sold out? Covid 19 doesn't cause a runny noise
It's a plot by big bog roll.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads