The Student Room Group

sheffield hallam msc physiotherapy pre registration selection event

hi! has anyone been to a selection event for physio at sheffield hallam? I’ve never had a uni interview or selection process before so was looking for some guidance around what it will be like! thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosiempett
hi! has anyone been to a selection event for physio at sheffield hallam? I’ve never had a uni interview or selection process before so was looking for some guidance around what it will be like! thanks :smile:

Hi @rosiempett,

In light of new government guidance regarding the Coronavirus, you will receive email communications regarding preparation events, selection events and all other university events shortly. There will be guidance for any alternative arrangements. Please visit our Coronavirus webpage for other university updates.

You can still prepare for whatever alternative arrangements are to be made by visiting our Health and Social Care selection event webpage or post in this Physiotherapy 2020 applicants thread to find advice for selection events and interviews.

Shout me if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield :h:
- Ella
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi, i had my interview 3 weeks ago for pre-reg physiotherapy and haven't heard anything back yet, should I be worried? Many thanks
Reply 3
Original post by cbarb23
Hi, i had my interview 3 weeks ago for pre-reg physiotherapy and haven't heard anything back yet, should I be worried? Many thanks

This is the same as me! I had my interview 26/03/20 and haven’t heard anything back yet. Would love to know if someone has!
Reply 4
This is the same as me! I had my interview 26/03/20 and haven’t heard anything back yet. Would love to know if someone has!

I had mine that same day but that makes me feel a bit better that im not the only one haha. I guess we’ll just be patient as they might take a while due to the current situation as well
Reply 5
I emailed them a week ago and they said two weeks. I had mine on the same week as well. Some unis say 4 weeks, most I believe say around two e.g sheffield but admissions were closed for a bit with easter, opened back on Wednesday. I believe we will hear next by week for sure.
Reply 6
Did you guys apply anywhere else or any other interviews? Also did the interviewer give any sort of hint at the end with anyone, to what the outcome may be?
Reply 7
Sheffield is the only one that responded to me so far, the other unis i applied to i.e MMU and birmingham hasnt responded at all yet but sheffield is my first choice anyway. The interviewer just said either ‘hope or we will probably’ see you in january at the end, i didnt really hear quiet clearly 😂 how about yours?
Reply 8
Original post by cbarb23
Sheffield is the only one that responded to me so far, the other unis i applied to i.e MMU and birmingham hasnt responded at all yet but sheffield is my first choice anyway. The interviewer just said either ‘hope or we will probably’ see you in january at the end, i didnt really hear quiet clearly 😂 how about yours?

Oh cool similar to me I applied to quite a few but Sheffield, MMU and Birmingham are my preferred. Hopefully the latter two as start in September. Haven't heard from MMU either but have for Birmingham, hopefully you'll hear soon. Similar to me the lady said I can't give you the outcome but hope to see you in January, so hopefully since similar to you the is a clue we got in, unless she said it to everyone 😂but what she said to you seems promising.
Reply 9
Im currently finishing my undergrad at MMU so only applied there for back up, wanted to have something new so chose sheffield😂 hopefully we all hear good news by next week!!
Reply 10
Original post by cbarb23
Im currently finishing my undergrad at MMU so only applied there for back up, wanted to have something new so chose sheffield😂 hopefully we all hear good news by next week!!

Haha yeah I get that. Same as me I like going somewhere different. What's your undergraduate in? And did you have much work experience when applying. I feel like people have been actual physio assistants and stuff 😂over my like 5 days work experience so not keeping my expectations too high
Reply 11
Original post by Selfol1
Oh cool similar to me I applied to quite a few but Sheffield, MMU and Birmingham are my preferred. Hopefully the latter two as start in September. Haven't heard from MMU either but have for Birmingham, hopefully you'll hear soon. Similar to me the lady said I can't give you the outcome but hope to see you in January, so hopefully since similar to you the is a clue we got in, unless she said it to everyone 😂but what she said to you seems promising.

Did you have Sionnadh McLean? I think she said it to all of us! Promising though 🥰
Reply 12
Did you have Sionnadh McLean? I think she said it to all of us! Promising though 🥰

Nope, I had Alex Morley! And hm that's interesting hopefully it's just a weird coincidence that all of us three got in hence they said it😂otherwise would be a bit unusual to say that to every applicant and give them false hope hahaha
Reply 13
Original post by Selfol1
Nope, I had Alex Morley! And hm that's interesting hopefully it's just a weird coincidence that all of us three got in hence they said it😂otherwise would be a bit unusual to say that to every applicant and give them false hope hahaha

I got Clare Staniland so hoping its just a positive sign for us
Reply 14
Original post by cbarb23
I got Clare Staniland so hoping its just a positive sign for us

let me know if anyone hears back!! I keep checking I need to stop 🤣
Reply 15
let me know if anyone hears back!! I keep checking I need to stop 🤣

Will do 😂 I was the same . Just download the email app so you get notifications so you don't need to keep checking 😂also I don't think it will be on the weekend tho but I'm sure we will next week!!
Reply 16
Original post by Selfol1
Will do 😂 I was the same . Just download the email app so you get notifications so you don't need to keep checking 😂also I don't think it will be on the weekend tho but I'm sure we will next week!!

my interview went into my spam though! so i only checked my spam the day before my interview and that’s when i found out when it was🤣🤣🤣 hence why i keep checking spam
Reply 17
Original post by Selfol1

have you heard anything yet? :smile:
Reply 18

Nothing :frown: how about you?
Reply 19

Hey, no I haven't! I sent them an email ill let you know what they say if you didnt already. I also had a physio bsc interview for sheffield which was 2 days before that, he gave me even more of a clue that i got in then the msc, as he said something like " i cant say the outcome but you did really well" and i haven't heard back from that either. so i wouldn't worry prob just delay bec of everything going on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending