The Student Room Group

Student finance- sandwich years

I've applied to study Biomedical Science at university and i am planning on taking a sandwich year (to work in the NHS), however when applying for my degree I couldn't apply for a 4 year course, as it was only the 3 year course available (although they did recommend taking a sandwich year which you would apply for during the course). On student finance, I have to choose a course- either the three year course or the four year course (sandwich). So which would I choose, as I couldn't apply on UCAS for the 4 years, but I am planning on doing it??
Original post by mushed
I've applied to study Biomedical Science at university and i am planning on taking a sandwich year (to work in the NHS), however when applying for my degree I couldn't apply for a 4 year course, as it was only the 3 year course available (although they did recommend taking a sandwich year which you would apply for during the course). On student finance, I have to choose a course- either the three year course or the four year course (sandwich). So which would I choose, as I couldn't apply on UCAS for the 4 years, but I am planning on doing it??

If you’re planning on doing 4 years then apply for finance for 4 years.

Your university can notify SFE if you switch to the short course during your degree.
Original post by mushed

Hi there,

If you are going to be studying a 4 year course, you would apply for the 4 year course including the sandwich year. If you can confirm your course details we can check the database to see if your course is listed.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending