Bouzidim
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Student finance told me that I was overpaid because they consider that in the tax year 2016-2017 my husband was working he is one of my dependants , he wasn’t working he didn’t even have an insurance number on that time . How can I prove that he wasn’t working , I can’t take any evidence from HMRC since he wasn’t have an insurance number . What should I do ? I am d’espérer they cut my maintenance loan .
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bouzidim)
Student finance told me that I was overpaid because they consider that in the tax year 2016-2017 my husband was working he is one of my dependants , he wasn’t working he didn’t even have an insurance number on that time . How can I prove that he wasn’t working , I can’t take any evidence from HMRC since he wasn’t have an insurance number . What should I do ? I am d’espérer they cut my maintenance loan .
Ask them on what basis they have your husband as working.
There must be something to make them believe he was.
He could show his bank account.
Why doesnt he have a nat insurance number?
Was he claiming benefits?
Bouzidim
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Ask them on what basis they have your husband as working.
There must be something to make them believe he was.
He could show his bank account.
Why doesnt he have a nat insurance number?
Was he claiming benefits?
When I apply for additional support as parent learning allowance I think he made a mistake of the tax year and put 2017-2018 instead of 2016-2017 so that’s why they believe he was working , he didn’t have insurance number because he just came in the uk and he was not working and as well not working in his country , I am very désespérés I don’t know what to send to prove that he was not working .
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
When I apply for additional support as parent learning allowance I think he made a mistake of the tax year and put 2017-2018 instead of 2016-2017 so that’s why they believe he was working , he didn’t have insurance number because he just came in the uk and he was not working and as well not working in his country , I am very désespérés I don’t know what to send to prove that he was not working .

Only sfe can give you the reasons.
You have to establish it before you can make an appeal or start to look for relevant evidence.
Was he working in your home country? Maybe they intend to include that?
Post here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
Bouzidim
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Only sfe can give you the reasons.
You have to establish it before you can make an appeal or start to look for relevant evidence.
Was he working in your home country? Maybe they intend to include that?
Post here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
Thank you very much .
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much .
Go and see the student adviser at the SU. Ideally you need someone to sit down and id what has happened from the documents and interviewing you. Find out what the issue is with sfe, then collect evidence to answer their questions and remove their suspicions.That is the way I would deal with it.

https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/...ing-allowance/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (241)
33.94%
No (469)
66.06%

Watched Threads