TSRS123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Did anyone have a scholarship interview today or last week at inner temple? How did it go. I feel that I wasn’t asked many questions and that the interview was very brief! Not feeling much confidence
AD23456
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I also had my scholarship interview today.

It seems to me that Inner Temple screwed up. A significant portion of candidates had telephone interviews (due to matters of public health) and were emailed all three of the judgements in advance.

If you google some of the cases given, you will see a number of case notes produced by Chambers dissecting the judgements. These notes cover the questions asked by the panel.

Candidates interviewed remotely had access to the internet and could easily have seen these notes. It is likely that they would have performed better on the case analysis.

This is why Inner Temple should have used unreported judgements which is the norm of such interviews. It seems to me that they did not make sufficient plans for the public health warnings leading to a chaotic and deeply unfair procedure.
Last edited by AD23456; 2 weeks ago
Pupilseeker
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I had one last week, impossible to judge how it went. I'm surprised about the cases having been written about by chambers, I thought they were unreported cases. But I'm sure they will account for the advantages and disadvantages of both interview methods compared with each other.
TSRS123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Pupilseeker)
I had one last week, impossible to judge how it went. I'm surprised about the cases having been written about by chambers, I thought they were unreported cases. But I'm sure they will account for the advantages and disadvantages of both interview methods compared with each other.
Fingers crossed for you! One out of the 3 seemed to like me the others didn’t. You’ll have to let me know how you get on
Pupilseeker
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TSRS123)
Fingers crossed for you! One out of the 3 seemed to like me the others didn’t. You’ll have to let me know how you get on
Thank you, you too!! Yes I definitely will let you know, and likewise! I'm wondering whether the 6 April deadline for telling us the outcome will change now, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Notmocked
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had mine on the 7th March. I felt like it went really well, but since then I've compared notes with a friend and paranoia has attacked me! I'm also concerned I didn't get asked that much. Maybe it was just different panels had different approaches?? 😬
TSRS123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Notmocked)
I had mine on the 7th March. I felt like it went really well, but since then I've compared notes with a friend and paranoia has attacked me! I'm also concerned I didn't get asked that much. Maybe it was just different panels had different approaches?? 😬
It’s possible! I was told by my panel we will hear by the end of the month, so fingers crossed for you! Let me know
Notmocked
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The waiting was bad enough but now with added extra uncertainty I'm losing my mind!
TSRS123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Has anyone heard anything yet? My panelist told me hopefully by the “end of the month” so I was really expecting to hear today!! Hope they’re not gonna drag it out until the 6th 😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (40)
57.97%
No (16)
23.19%
Not sure (13)
18.84%

Watched Threads