What do you think is going to happen to this years Premier League?

Watch
ChickenBlen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Do you think they will extend the season so that it carrys on into the summer or will they just void the entire season
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cancelled and so Liverpool will be 31 years without a title seems the right move hey Deyesy?
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Carry on and complete this season. Shorten next season if necessary.
angelike1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Postpone all games. Maybe have 2 games a week next season?
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Postpone all games and void the season. Start again next season from scratch.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They won’t void it. It’s easier to **** with next season which hasn’t happened then a season where 75% is complete
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You have to complete it. You cannot promote teams, relegate teams, assign European places etc with 25% of the season still to play. This has massive financial ramifications and whoever loses out will tie the Premier League up in so much legal action.

When that'll be god only knows. Not until at least June-July.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good question. I still think that the matches will postpone in this season, but I don't exclude a void if the corona case don't change for better soon.
moggis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It increasingly looks like the remaining matches cannot be played even behind closed doors and so the season now looks a 60% chance to be voided.
As someone has said that has huge ramifications for next season. However even next season is looking under threat . I just don’t see how we can have top class sport in the next year if what I read in papers such as The Times and The Guardian are correct .
Obviously I’m hoping I’m wrong .
Last edited by moggis; 1 week ago
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The priority has to complete this season as over 75% has already been played otherwise lots of legal suits would follow. If the PL can't finish by the end of July then I think they should just condense next season instead to slowly get things back to normal.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Justbeingmyself)
The priority has to complete this season as over 75% has already been played otherwise lots of legal suits would follow. If the PL can't finish by the end of July then I think they should just condense next season instead to slowly get things back to normal.
Do I have this right that you think it is the best to postpone to rest of the unplayed matches in the next season? that means to have a crammed schedule in the next season and difficult to manage, all the more if the EURO is hold in 2021.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Do I have this right that you think it is the best to postpone to rest of the unplayed matches in the next season? that means to have a crammed schedule in the next season and difficult to manage, all the more if the EURO is hold in 2021.
What I mean is to shorten next season (2020/21), say each teams plays each other once with a random formula to decide if this season can't finish by the end of July, otherwise it would delay next season too much which would impact the Euros in 2021.
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think the season will be postponed, and Liverpool will be robbed of winning the title.
I do hope I am wrong.
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
I think the season will be postponed, and Liverpool will be robbed of winning the title.
I do hope I am wrong.
Well looking at what happened to the leagues below the national league when all were suspended and now declared null and voided as no team will be promoted or relegated this season now then this must now surely apply to all other domestic leagues throughout the UK and perhaps the world to as nobody can predict when another game of football will be played same with other sports , more important things in life than sport right now.
Up here there's teams already saying that they are prepared for legal action if the title ,relegation happens if season not officially completed as its states apparently in writing that all games must be played to award teams any title & for promotion and relegation matters.
I agree that no team can be just handed the title without finishing the whole season first as its unfair to other teams in places for European football and relegation & promotions / playoffs senorios like.
Let's call it null and voided for this season and see where things are come July / August time ,and start a fresh .
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tracey1995)
Well looking at what happened to the leagues below the national league when all were suspended and now declared null and voided as no team will be promoted or relegated this season now then this must now surely apply to all other domestic leagues throughout the UK and perhaps the world to as nobody can predict when another game of football will be played same with other sports , more important things in life than sport right now.
Up here there's teams already saying that they are prepared for legal action if the title ,relegation happens if season not officially completed as its states apparently in writing that all games must be played to award teams any title & for promotion and relegation matters.
I agree that no team can be just handed the title without finishing the whole season first as its unfair to other teams in places for European football and relegation & promotions / playoffs senorios like.
Let's call it null and voided for this season and see where things are come July / August time ,and start a fresh .
Whereabouts are you situated? X
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Whereabouts are you situated? X
Do you mean where in country I am !! Xx

I'm in Scotland, currently Edinburgh but home city is Glasgow xx
And where about you situated if you don't mind telling me xx
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you mean where in country I am !! Xx

I'm in Scotland, currently Edinburgh but home city is Glasgow xx
And where about you situated if you don't mind telling me xx
I'm down in Brighton, that's on the south coast. Living in Scotland I guess you support either Celtic or Rangers, if you are into football. X
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm down in Brighton, that's on the south coast. Living in Scotland I guess you support either Celtic or Rangers, if you are into football. X
Wow sunny Brighton so I won't think you support the local team as guessing its either a London team or one of the other teams along the coast from you !!!

Yeah I only support one team and glasgow as the other one I can't even say it but as they from east side of the city as I'm a south side girl so only colour there is the mighty teddy bears in red,white & blue . yes big supporter of Rangers and go to games when I can when not busy working .xx
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow sunny Brighton so I won't think you support the local team as guessing its either a London team or one of the other teams along the coast from you !!!

Yeah I only support one team and glasgow as the other one I can't even say it but as they from east side of the city as I'm a south side girl so only colour there is the mighty teddy bears in red,white & blue . yes big supporter of Rangers and go to games when I can when not busy working .xx
I see from your uniform I would guess you are something to do with the medical profession?
Are you a psychologist? As you are right I support a club from London, I doubt you would have heard of them, they are the mighty Fulham. X
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I see from your uniform I would guess you are something to do with the medical profession?
Are you a psychologist? As you are right I support a club from London, I doubt you would have heard of them, they are the mighty Fulham. X
Well you right on medical profession as midwife xx

I did do a part-time psychology course years ago but preferred my current job as more enjoyable.

Oh that's the team sitting currently third in the championship who'll miss out on a possible place in the premiere league if all football is null and void I see
Jimmy hill I think played for them many years ago xxx Not so mighty at moment xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (326)
34.53%
No (618)
65.47%

Watched Threads