The Student Room Group

What do you think is going to happen to this years Premier League?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karisa96
For a wee girlie, I'm impressed with your football knowledge.
Have you delivered any babies for celebs or there partners? X

Not yet delivered any babies to any celebrity or partners but you never know who'll come through the doors like x

Oh I'm very knowledgeable on football girl xx
Reply 21
Original post by Justbeingmyself
What I mean is to shorten next season (2020/21), say each teams plays each other once with a random formula to decide if this season can't finish by the end of July, otherwise it would delay next season too much which would impact the Euros in 2021.

So basically you’re seriously suggesting halving all income from tv and gates and money that comes in on match days next season just to complete this season .
And your reason is because if lawsuits .
I rather think there will be a few law suits flying around in any case under your scenario.
Having said that next season could be at risk too of course but that’s a problem that will have to be dealt with if it happens .
Reply 22
Original post by Tracey1995
Well looking at what happened to the leagues below the national league when all were suspended and now declared null and voided as no team will be promoted or relegated this season now then this must now surely apply to all other domestic leagues throughout the UK and perhaps the world to as nobody can predict when another game of football will be played same with other sports , more important things in life than sport right now.
Up here there's teams already saying that they are prepared for legal action if the title ,relegation happens if season not officially completed as its states apparently in writing that all games must be played to award teams any title & for promotion and relegation matters.
I agree that no team can be just handed the title without finishing the whole season first as its unfair to other teams in places for European football and relegation & promotions / playoffs senorios like.
Let's call it null and voided for this season and see where things are come July / August time ,and start a fresh .

Hmmm. You say no team can be handed the title because it’s unfair to other teams.

I just don’t see that . Who in this country apart from some Man U fans would think it unfair if Liverpool were handed the title ?
I suggest 90% would think it fair.

Almost everything else is far more problematic of course .

You also seem to be saying that because a load of semi professional football has been voided that means professional football should be voided ?
I can understand the opposite argument but not that .
Cancelled and postponed this season until things start to go back to normal.
Original post by Lyndsey.95
Cancelled and postponed this season until things start to go back to normal.

That would be the best solution which exists, if there are not so many another football competitions in the next season to play.
Original post by moggis
So basically you’re seriously suggesting halving all income from tv and gates and money that comes in on match days next season just to complete this season .
And your reason is because if lawsuits .
I rather think there will be a few law suits flying around in any case under your scenario.
Having said that next season could be at risk too of course but that’s a problem that will have to be dealt with if it happens .

What else do you do though? Just play behind closed doors to finish this season, do everything you can to finish it hopefully by end of July at the latest. Start next season a bit later and ditch the League Cup to finish at usual time and everything is back to normal.
Original post by Tracey1995
Well looking at what happened to the leagues below the national league when all were suspended and now declared null and voided as no team will be promoted or relegated this season now then this must now surely apply to all other domestic leagues throughout the UK and perhaps the world to as nobody can predict when another game of football will be played same with other sports , more important things in life than sport right now.
Up here there's teams already saying that they are prepared for legal action if the title ,relegation happens if season not officially completed as its states apparently in writing that all games must be played to award teams any title & for promotion and relegation matters.
I agree that no team can be just handed the title without finishing the whole season first as its unfair to other teams in places for European football and relegation & promotions / playoffs senorios like.
Let's call it null and voided for this season and see where things are come July / August time ,and start a fresh .

And look at the response from all the clubs complaining about the decision. The difference is that the PL teams have enough resources to sue if such a moronic decision is taken.

Why start fresh? Makes more sense to cancel next season, which hasnt started, than void this season.
Reply 27
Original post by Justbeingmyself
What else do you do though? Just play behind closed doors to finish this season, do everything you can to finish it hopefully by end of July at the latest. Start next season a bit later and ditch the League Cup to finish at usual time and everything is back to normal.

Well I’m just glad it’s not my problem .
But thinking outside the box and seeing as you’ve asked, it seems to me, going by the statistics I’ve seen , there is a possible compromise solution which may or may not be tongue in cheek .
And that is to play some or all Premiership games ......

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest