The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Coronavirus may stop me meeting terms of my Cambridge offer!

Hey everyone

Just after a bit of advice.

So at the end of February I had to self-isolate due to contact with an infected person and as a result I had to miss two assessments.

I ECed them with no issues but the problem is that I now have to sit them in the late summer re-assesment period which ends on the 04/09/2020 (with results due on the 18/09/2020), while I need to submit my transcript to Cambridge before 14/09/2020.

I am really worried I won't be able to meet the terms of my offer because of this, can anyone advise.
Reply 1
I am really hoping that Cambridge will be flexible as this may be an issue other may be facing too.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hundreds of other offer holders around the world will be in the same situation as you, or facing similar problems - e.g. schools closed for months like in Hong Kong. I'm sure Cambridge, and other universities, will make adjustments.
Original post by stephx38x
Hey everyone

Just after a bit of advice.

So at the end of February I had to self-isolate due to contact with an infected person and as a result I had to miss two assessments.

I ECed them with no issues but the problem is that I now have to sit them in the late summer re-assesment period which ends on the 04/09/2020 (with results due on the 18/09/2020), while I need to submit my transcript to Cambridge before 14/09/2020.

I am really worried I won't be able to meet the terms of my offer because of this, can anyone advise.

Just warn them now that you won't be able to meet your offer because of a Corona virus examination issue. They won't have an answer yet, they are still focussing on what to do with current students and exams etc, but they are being very flexible so far. No point in worrying.
Reply 4
Original post by threeportdrift
Just warn them now that you won't be able to meet your offer because of a Corona virus examination issue. They won't have an answer yet, they are still focussing on what to do with current students and exams etc, but they are being very flexible so far. No point in worrying.

I definitely will do, thank you
Reply 5
Original post by threeportdrift

Who should one inform? The GAO or the department?
Original post by p1s9r87
Who should one inform? The GAO or the department?

General Admissions and CC in the department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending