Stressed and frustrated

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I only have 2 months till my real exams to push my D's to As and it's so bad how little revision I do. I hate my phone I want to smash it.
I really want to do well but I just never revise and it pisses me off. Genuinely have started to hate myself.

I don't know how to plan out my time Nad make a revision timetable and don't know how much I should be doing everyday.
emma232716
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
First things first hun is this GCSE or Alevel?
Second I get so distracted by my phone it's painful so I leave it in another room with a member of my family or a friend someone I trust to look after it. You could try that?
Third identify your strengths and weaknesses. Be honest with yourself sometimes this is hard.
Fourth assign a session to each weakness and split them up equally practice your strengths with your weaknesses. It always gives me a boost. Also a session is time try not to look at the clock take your time to learn what you need but assign a day to what you need to do you'll learn some things faster than others.
Fifth if you have friends in any of your classes teach each other to revise. My teachers always used to tell me this is one of the best ways to learn it consolidates knowledge.
Sixth stick to your work schedule.
Seventh you are smart enough, you can and will do this.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by emma232716)
First things first hun is this GCSE or Alevel?
Second I get so distracted by my phone it's painful so I leave it in another room with a member of my family or a friend someone I trust to look after it. You could try that?
Third identify your strengths and weaknesses. Be honest with yourself sometimes this is hard.
Fourth assign a session to each weakness and split them up equally practice your strengths with your weaknesses. It always gives me a boost. Also a session is time try not to look at the clock take your time to learn what you need but assign a day to what you need to do you'll learn some things faster than others.
Fifth if you have friends in any of your classes teach each other to revise. My teachers always used to tell me this is one of the best ways to learn it consolidates knowledge.
Sixth stick to your work schedule.
Seventh you are smart enough, you can and will do this.
A levels and thanks I'm always looking at the clock to look at how many 'hours I've revised'.
I need to enjoy my subjects more and not look at them as chores.
emma232716
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A levels and thanks I'm always looking at the clock to look at how many 'hours I've revised'.
I need to enjoy my subjects more and not look at them as chores.
Alevels are incredibly stressful everyone is stressed at this point in them just we deal with it differently. It took me until the first year of uni to stop watching the clock if it's something you can stop doing it works wonders. That's true if you can find a fun way to revise it'll be easier for instance I used to and still do sit my mum down and tell her everything I know on a topic then she'd ask me questions and we'd chat about it she even brings topics up randomly to test me. I did philosophy as one of my a levels and my poor mum knows far too much about utilitarianism
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
i didnt' even need to look past the title to relate. same sis.

now reading ur post also same. im at uni tho. honestly just try and make a curriculum ticksheet and work thru it. 2 months should be enough time if ur patterned
goodluck x
Anonymous #1
i didnt' even need to look past the title to relate. same sis.

now reading ur post also same. im at uni tho. honestly just try and make a curriculum ticksheet and work thru it. 2 months should be enough time if ur patterned
goodluck x
Thankyou I will do hopefully.
username5058598
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I only have 2 months till my real exams to push my D's to As and it's so bad how little revision I do. I hate my phone I want to smash it.
I really want to do well but I just never revise and it pisses me off. Genuinely have started to hate myself.

I don't know how to plan out my time Nad make a revision timetable and don't know how much I should be doing everyday.
What a levels are you doing?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Deborah247)
What a levels are you doing?
Biology chemistry and psychology.
username5058598
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Biology chemistry and psychology.
I’m doing the same a levels as you ahaha and I’m also in Y13 so I have my exams soon as well. What exam board are you doing for each?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Deborah247)
I’m doing the same a levels as you ahaha and I’m also in Y13 so I have my exams soon as well. What exam board are you doing for each?
OCR for biology and AQA for chemistry and psychology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads