Think I've had direct contact with a confirmed case

Watch this thread
MeghanMarkle1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Of coronavirus. It was in the news today that two doctors in a medical centre in Spain that I went to tested positive.
If I call 111 would they test me for it or just tell me to stay at home?
Atm I have a really sore throat and a runny ear. I doubt the runny pusy ear is a symptoms. Slightly short of breath sometimes.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MeghanMarkle1992)
...If I call 111 would they test me for it...
The current policy is that no one out of hospital is tested. So you won't get tested.
Seris
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
a cough
a high temperature
shortness of breath
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
The current policy is that no one out of hospital is tested. So you won't get tested.
Yes, why is this? It seems stupid as people might not self isolate if they're not sure.
JMR2021_
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Of coronavirus. It was in the news today that two doctors in a medical centre in Spain that I went to tested positive.
If I call 111 would they test me for it or just tell me to stay at home?
Atm I have a really sore throat and a runny ear. I doubt the runny pusy ear is a symptoms. Slightly short of breath sometimes.
Isolate yourself at home for a week
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yes, why is this? It seems stupid as people might not self isolate if they're not sure.
Well it's clear that the UK government's policy is to get as many people infected as quick as possible.

Read / discuss this issue on one of the millions of threads on TSR.
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:
(Original post by Seris)
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
a cough
a high temperature
shortness of breath
I don't have a temperature and I'm not coughing.
My contact with them would have been a few weeks ago so they probably got it afterwards.
TheMcSame
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Probably not.

I wouldn't call 111 either. Current advice is to seek information on the internet and NOT to call 111, even if displaying minor symptoms. You should only call 111 if your symptoms deteriorate (or, obviously, 999 if it's potentially life-threatening (make the dispatcher aware you might have COVID-19 should the unlikely scenario happen)) or do not improve after a reasonable length of time (about a week I think)
OddOnes
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You should go to the doctors with a runny ear!
That is not a typical symptom. It could be infected and need antibiotics. You don't want to damage your ear.
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:
Well it's clear that the UK government's policy is to get as many people infected as quick as possible.

Read / discuss this issue on one of the millions of threads on TSR.
Do you think that's wise? To me it seems cruel, like they deliberately want people to die.
EleaGR
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I doubt they will test you. My daughter is suffering with high fever 39.5, cough, headaches and can't get out of be since yesterday evening, and she called them. They told her to stay home for 7 days, and don't call them again unless her symptoms are severely worse. Fainting, difficult breathing or else.
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:
(Original post by OddOnes)
That is not a typical symptom. It could be infected and need antibiotics. You don't want to damage your ear.
It was blocked with earwax before, so the runny ear is probably because of the eardrops I've been using.
I've been deaf and in a lot of pain with it as well.
I saw the doctor about it last week though and they just said they could only see wax.
Last edited by MeghanMarkle1992; 2 years ago
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Do you think that's wise? To me it seems cruel, like they deliberately want people to die.
Well their argument is as long as the infection is controlled, they may be able to delay the peak for a few months. They also want this herd immunity thing whereby 60% of the population is infected so that they recover and don't spread to other people.

This relies on the (yet to be proved) fact that you can't get re-infected. If you can, then the whole policy goes out of the window.

And yes, there will be more people dying because of this "deliberate" infection policy, but at least our economy may fare better [/sarcasm]

Read this article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51892402
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Well their argument is as long as the infection is controlled, they may be able to delay the peak for a few months. They also want this herd immunity thing whereby 60% of the population is infected so that they recover and don't spread to other people.

This relies on the (yet to be proved) fact that you can't get re-infected. If you can, then the whole policy goes out of the window.

And yes, there will be more people dying because of this "deliberate" infection policy, but at least our economy may fare better [/sarcasm]

This shiz dumb I say we intentionally infect Boris and see how he likes it. #corbyncombatscorona
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:

Wasnt there a woman who got it twice? :facepalm:
Of course the Tory government would care more about the economy than saving lives.
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:
There's an article on Chanel 4 that says a coronavirus testing kit will soon be available to the public. Wonder if it's true.
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Wasnt there a woman who got it twice? :facepalm:...
Yep, there you go. https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...-test-positive
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:
So you can get reinfected then..
Last edited by MeghanMarkle1992; 2 years ago
MeghanMarkle1992
Rep:
10,000 new tests per day they said.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OddOnes)
The only time I had a "runny ear" is when I had an ear infection, and boy oh boy .. this was the worst ear infection in terms of pain i've ever had. It felt like someone had taken a shot-gun to my ear

If fluid is leaking from her ear and there is no ear infection then this is very strange and OP should get it checked out imo as it's weird.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (18)
30.51%
Take a gap year (14)
23.73%
Resit my exams (9)
15.25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (8)
13.56%
I don't know yet (7)
11.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads