Are the Euro 2020 Matches going to be cancelled due to the covid-19 virus?

Watch
mjhmichael18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I keep hearing rumours about this and it is worry as I do want to see all of the England matches on TV at least so I hope they are not cancelled or postponed as it will disrupt summer of next year with 2 football tournament one after another if they postpone it until then which seems likely. I see it as a worry because I really want England to win as they have never won the Euros. A good website to find information about this is https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.g...u1hwvgm6zh3b3z. I hope you can help me because these matches are my main worry at the moment not the olympics. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
tacobeth
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
honestly, they’ll probably get cancelled or postponed, not too sure how the timeline for football works out but after seeing so many events being cancelled it’s probably likely that this will either be cancelled or postponed
Johnny123456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
will be moved to 2021
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't see a plausible reason why the EURO should be different. When the leagues are shut because of the virus, it is just a consequence to do the same with the EURO. If the EURO will ever kick off, it is postponed to 2021 what I doubt, as there are so many another dates for the next seasons. At this moment I even think its possible that a EURO 2020 will never come.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It will be postponed.
I will be using my trip to the final as a graduation trip after finishing my final A2 exam, as I got a ticket from a ballot last year.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It has been postponed until next year, to allow domestic leagues to be completed. No announcement yet on what will happen with the Champions/Europa Leagues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51909518
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A EURO in 2020 makes no sense, if the leagues have to finish the season. They come first when it is about competition, the EURO is secondary in this case. If the leagues are able to finish the season any...
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
A EURO in 2020 makes no sense, if the leagues have to finish the season. They come first when it is about competition, the EURO is secondary in this case. If the leagues are able to finish the season any...
The Euros play-offs have still to be completed, as well as leagues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (45)
60%
No (30)
40%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed