Mitziw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
My son does have a passport so we used someone to counter sign his identity form but they have written to us to say he cannot be used due to occupation (car sales)but he is the owner of the company and runs it so surely will come under Director of a VAT registered company?
He signed for my son's provisional driving licence with no problem.
Amy SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mitziw)
My son does have a passport so we used someone to counter sign his identity form but they have written to us to say he cannot be used due to occupation (car sales)but he is the owner of the company and runs it so surely will come under Director of a VAT registered company?
He signed for my son's provisional driving licence with no problem.
Hi there,

If he is the Chairman/Director of a limited company he would need to state this on the form as his occupation and the contact details would also need to link him to that position. Do you know what he stated on the form?

Thanks, Amy
Mitziw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amy SFE)
Hi there,

If he is the Chairman/Director of a limited company he would need to state this on the form as his occupation and the contact details would also need to link him to that position. Do you know what he stated on the form?

Thanks, Amy
I can't remember what he wrote in occupation I just checked it was all filled in and signed, I know he put company address and phone number on it. So should he put in occupation: Director of 'company name' ?
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I can't remember what he wrote in occupation I just checked it was all filled in and signed, I know he put company address and phone number on it. So should he put in occupation: Director of 'company name' ?
Yes, if he states he is the director of the company this will be an acceptable signature.

Thanks, Amy
Mitziw
Rep:
?
Yes, if he states he is the director of the company this will be an acceptable signature.

Thanks, Amy
Great thank you for your help
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You're welcome 😊 If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks, Amy
Mitziw
Rep:
?
Just spoken to the signee and he thinks that is what he wrote before so not sure why it wasn't accepted? If he isn't accepted again will a college tutor be ok? Not sure who else we know that is on the list.
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Just spoken to the signee and he thinks that is what he wrote before so not sure why it wasn't accepted? If he isn't accepted again will a college tutor be ok? Not sure who else we know that is on the list.
If you get your son to send us a DM on Facebook or Twitter, we can check the form we received.

Yes a Lecturer will be accepted, you can also find a list of acceptable signatures on page 3 of the following ADIF form here.

Thanks, Amy
Mitziw
Rep:
?
If you get your son to send us a DM on Facebook or Twitter, we can check the form we received.

Yes a Lecturer will be accepted, you can also find a list of acceptable signatures on page 3 of the following ADIF form here.

Thanks, Amy
Ok thankyou he will when home from college today.
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Ok thankyou he will when home from college today.
You're welcome 😊 no worries.

Have a lovely day.

Kind regards, Amy
Mitziw
Rep:
?
Hi he has been told the counter signature couldnt be linked to his occupation which I don't understand as he was used for my son's provisional driving licence. I am worried who else we could ask as his tutor is not at college this week and they might be closed next week. Really not a good time for this.
Thanks Sam
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi he has been told the counter signature couldnt be linked to his occupation which I don't understand as he was used for my son's provisional driving licence. I am worried who else we could ask as his tutor is not at college this week and they might be closed next week. Really not a good time for this.
Thanks Sam
Good Afternoon.

Do you know what contact number was used (landline or mobile) as this can typically impact whether it is accepted or not?

We can also look into it specifically if you can get your son to contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

Warm Regards,

Erin.
Mitziw
Rep:
?
I think it would have been landline office number. He has contacted student finance through facebook and they said they have checked his application when he has questioned it he they just repeated that they couldnt link him to his company and to find another signature.
Thanks sam
Jen SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think it would have been landline office number. He has contacted student finance through facebook and they said they have checked his application when he has questioned it he they just repeated that they couldnt link him to his company and to find another signature.
Thanks sam
Hi Mitzi,

Have your son send us a direct message on Twitter or a private message on Facebook.

Thanks, Jen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.65%
No - I have already returned home (20)
12.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
20.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.95%

Watched Threads