vaishiiiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi,
I’m in year 12 and I want to pursue public health as a career. I know one way to do this is completing a medical degree but I’m not really interested in medicine. what would the job trajectory be like if I did a public health degree or even a nursing degree? is it even worth it? im really stuck and not sure what to do.
angelxpink
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! My mum works in public health England (PHE) and is involved in selection for the national public health training scheme so I have spoken to her to find out more. The field of public health is very wide and you can get into public health via various different routes. Medicine is one of the most popular but not the only route. A lot of people do a first degree and then transition to public health via the Public Health Speciality Training Scheme. More information on careers in public health and the training scheme can be found here: https://www.fph.org.uk/training-careers/recruitment/ . Hope that helps!
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In my opinion, any degree is worthwhile.
Lilyeve1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by angelxpink)
Hi! My mum works in public health England (PHE) and is involved in selection for the national public health training scheme so I have spoken to her to find out more. The field of public health is very wide and you can get into public health via various different routes. Medicine is one of the most popular but not the only route. A lot of people do a first degree and then transition to public health via the Public Health Speciality Training Scheme. More information on careers in public health and the training scheme can be found here: https://www.fph.org.uk/training-careers/recruitment/ . Hope that helps!
this seems really useful, would I be able to this straight from school? or would I get a degree in public health instead?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.3%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.63%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.3%

Watched Threads