Boris will have to be ejected

Watch
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
As each day of the crisis develops, it becomes more and more clear that Boris Xavier Pfaffle Johnson is utterly unfit to be Prime Minister, is incable of governing in our interests and is a corrupt representative of a corrupt class of offshored super-rich. He is a lazy, self-absorbed dilettante, incompetent and hateful.

We need urgent action in the highest levels of the establishment to tip him out and get someone in who can cope. Jeremy Hunt has demonstrated a level head, as has Hilary Benn and the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak. Overall I think we need a temporary National Government with one of those people, or similar, as PM.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That won’t happen.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
That won’t happen.
This time next week, or in a fortnight? The clamour will grow. Already more than 65% of the country thinks he's doing a terrible job.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
*shrug* We knew this before we elected him. He's hardly going to step down of his own will.
LiberOfLondon
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If there is serious dissatisfaction with Boris than a no confidence vote will be called. There isn't one so I think we can assume most people think Boris is doing a good job.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
If there is serious dissatisfaction with Boris than a no confidence vote will be called. There isn't one so I think we can assume most people think Boris is doing a good job.
It won't last and they definitely don't.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have said this on previous threads and I will say it again. I agree thus far with the UKs reaction to this virus. I do see shutdowns coming, and that’s fine, I would agree with that, at that time. However, I firmly believe that all of the decisions that have been made so far have been based on his ego, and nothing else. The fact that we haven’t shut down so far to me if far more about BJ showing the world that we are the UK and we are great, rather than being rooted in public safety. That’s what’s happen when the British public naively elect an overgrown bafoon as PM.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
It won't last and they definitely don't.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Also the idea of requiring a national government is foolish, Labour are a bunch of treasonous lunatics right now.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
http://maths.qmul.ac.uk/~vnicosia/UK...s_measures.pdf

As scientists living and working in the UK, we would like to express our concernabout the course of action announced by the Government on 12th March 2020 regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. In particular, we are deeply preoccupiedby the timeline of the proposed plan, which aims at delaying social distancing measures even further.

The current data about the number of infections in the UK is in line with thegrowth curves already observed in other countries, including Italy, Spain, France,and Germany. The same data suggests that the number of infected will be in the order of dozens of thousands within a few days.

Under unconstrained growth, this outbreak will affect millions of people in thenext few weeks. This will most probably put the NHS at serious risk of notbeing able to cope with the flow of patients needing intensive care, as the numberof ICU beds in the UK is not larger than that available in other neighbouring countries with a similar population. Going for “herd immunity” at this point does not seem a viable option, as this will put NHS at an even stronger level ofstress, risking many more lives than necessary.

By putting in place social distancing measures now, the growth can be sloweddown dramatically, and thousands of lives can be spared. We consider the social distancing measures taken as of today as insufficient, and we believe that additional and more restrictive measures should be taken immediately, as it is alreadyhappening in other countries across the world.

We urge anyone who has sympathy with our views, and access to the government strategy group, to make our concerns more widely known.
Last edited by ecolier; 2 weeks ago
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This time next week, or in a fortnight? The clamour will grow. Already more than 65% of the country thinks he's doing a terrible job.
Over coronavirus they definitely don't as Rakas has shown. They should, because the UK policy is the exact opposite of any sensible one but hey, propaganda kills. Quite literally when you look at the break down by age:

Name:  IMG_20200315_115458.png
Views: 14
Size:  35.3 KB
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Over coronavirus they definitely don't as Rakas has shown. They should, because the UK policy is the exact opposite of any sensible one but hey, propaganda kills. Quite literally when you look at the break down by age:

Name:  IMG_20200315_115458.png
Views: 14
Size:  35.3 KB
I guess part of the calculus will be that old people vote Tory anyway, so why worry? On the other hand, they won't want to lose more than a certain percentage of their voters.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Interesting - can you link to the source? Cant find it.

The Tory loving Observer claimed yesterday that 36% of people activity trusts the PM on CV-19.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...=1584277301168

Interesting now more than 65% think he is doing a 'terrible job'. As above, can you send the source which doesn't have the Observer's Boris love in bias?
lost.soul
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As each day of the crisis develops, it becomes more and more clear that Boris Xavier Pfaffle Johnson is utterly unfit to be Prime Minister, is incable of governing in our interests and is a corrupt representative of a corrupt class of offshored super-rich. He is a lazy, self-absorbed dilettante, incompetent and hateful.

We need urgent action in the highest levels of the establishment to tip him out and get someone in who can cope. Jeremy Hunt has demonstrated a level head, as has Hilary Benn and the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak. Overall I think we need a temporary National Government with one of those people, or similar, as PM.
Rishi Sunak is indeed eyeing up a promotion like that, it’s obvious.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
I have said this on previous threads and I will say it again. I agree thus far with the UKs reaction to this virus. I do see shutdowns coming, and that’s fine, I would agree with that, at that time. However, I firmly believe that all of the decisions that have been made so far have been based on his ego, and nothing else. The fact that we haven’t shut down so far to me if far more about BJ showing the world that we are the UK and we are great, rather than being rooted in public safety. That’s what’s happen when the British public naively elect an overgrown bafoon as PM.
Shinzo Abe got the same ego?
Kitten in boots
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't see coronavirus being politically damaging for Johnson.

The majority of people in the UK are statists. They will relish having a big government Conservative party making decisions for them and telling them how to behave.

It's only a minority of us that fear the insidious creep of one nation conservatism.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
http://maths.qmul.ac.uk/~vnicosia/UK...s_measures.pdf

As scientists living and working in the UK, we would like to express our concernabout the course of action announced by the Government on 12th March 2020 regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. In particular, we are deeply preoccupiedby the timeline of the proposed plan, which aims at delaying social distancing measures even further.

The current data about the number of infections in the UK is in line with thegrowth curves already observed in other countries, including Italy, Spain, France,and Germany. The same data suggests that the number of infected will be in the order of dozens of thousands within a few days.

Under unconstrained growth, this outbreak will affect millions of people in thenext few weeks. This will most probably put the NHS at serious risk of notbeing able to cope with the flow of patients needing intensive care, as the numberof ICU beds in the UK is not larger than that available in other neighbouring countries with a similar population. Going for “herd immunity” at this point does not seem a viable option, as this will put NHS at an even stronger level ofstress, risking many more lives than necessary.

By putting in place social distancing measures now, the growth can be sloweddown dramatically, and thousands of lives can be spared. We consider the social distancing measures taken as of today as insufficient, and we believe that additional and more restrictive measures should be taken immediately, as it is alreadyhappening in other countries across the world.

We urge anyone who has sympathy with our views, and access to the government strategy group, to make our concerns more widely known.
So, astronomy, theoretical physics, accounting, supply chain management and aeronautics qualify you to comment on national health?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
So, astronomy, theoretical physics, accounting, supply chain management and aeronautics qualify you to comment on national health?
There are epidemiologists and doctors amongst those who signed. It is clear that there are plenty who do not agree with the UK government's policies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-sco...on-coronavirus

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...g-coronavirus/

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...-herd-immunit/

This is going to be my last post in this thread. We are going to have to disagree.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
There are epidemiologists and doctors amongst those who signed. It is clear that there are plenty who do not agree with the UK government's policies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-sco...on-coronavirus

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...g-coronavirus/

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...-herd-immunit/

This is going to be my last post in this thread. We are going to have to disagree.
Yet a very weirdly high number of mathematicians.

Personally I think it would have more weight if it was 5-10 heavy hitters, CEO of BUPA, someone from the WHO, medicine sans frontiers etc rather than a list mostly made up of Reader in Geometry and Professor of Astronomy.

The Telegraph article is interesting.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't think blaming the fatso will do us any favours, he does not have that much knowledge or authority to deal with this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.95%
No (428)
66.05%

Watched Threads