Gracetoameh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and I want to do Psychology and geography in A levels (i want to study psychology in university). I'm not quite sure what should i pick as a third subject, i might choose biology because it is a 'facilitating subject' but i'm not sure if i'm gonna enjoy it in A levels or even do well (i'm okay at biology but i wouldn't say that i would get an 8 or a 9 in gcses, maybe a 6 or a 7). I thought of taking textiles but my parents said that it isn't a good subject so i shouldn't take it and i read an article that says that universities don't like textiles but I really enjoy it ( I got a 9 on my sketchbook and a 7 on my final out come in my last mock exam which adds up to an overall grade of an 8). I also thought of taking sociology because i enjoyed it on the taster day.

What do you think? What should I pick?
Note: universities don't ask for specific subjects in order to do psychology however they recommend biology.

My predicted grades:
Biology 6
Geography 7
Textiles 7
DoNotMove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Gracetoameh)
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and I want to do Psychology and geography in A levels (i want to study psychology in university). I'm not quite sure what should i pick as a third subject, i might choose biology because it is a 'facilitating subject' but i'm not sure if i'm gonna enjoy it in A levels or even do well (i'm okay at biology but i wouldn't say that i would get an 8 or a 9 in gcses, maybe a 6 or a 7). I thought of taking textiles but my parents said that it isn't a good subject so i shouldn't take it and i read an article that says that universities don't like textiles but I really enjoy it ( I got a 9 on my sketchbook and a 7 on my final out come in my last mock exam which adds up to an overall grade of an 8). I also thought of taking sociology because i enjoyed it on the taster day.

What do you think? What should I pick?
Note: universities don't ask for specific subjects in order to do psychology however they recommend biology.

My predicted grades:
Biology 6
Geography 7
Textiles 7
Biology would be really good, but if you're only getting a 6 at GCSE then you may find it difficult at A-Level. I think sociology would also be great - it is an essay based subject so it will help you later on in university in essay structuring and writing essays. It also helps that you enjoyed on your taster day.

I don't think you should take textiles - it doesn't really work with your other subjects that well. If you were to take 4 A-Levels then I think that it would work, but I would definitely recommend taking Biology or Sociology instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.14%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (679)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads